Copycat

Scheherez

Reaction score
Hi there!

Just a question...

In "Copycat," with Sigourney Weaver and Holly Hunter, there is a point near the beginning that Sigourney pops in a CD while checking out evidence for the first murder...a really nice classical track plays in the background. Does anyone know the name and composer of that track? It has a choir singing and chimes in the background. If you could find out that track for me, I would be grateful. Thanx in advance!!!

:ph34r: Scheherez :ph34r:

Looks like Christopher Young did the score/soundtrack for the movie. YOu can find the CD here with a few audio samples. The song you're after may be that very last one listed, but that's just a guess.

Hey there...

I tried that and I checked on my classical CDs for it...I know that song, and it does appear in the movie, but not at that particular point. I have that song though, and it's great! But it seems as if the one I'm looking for isn't listed on the soundtrack....AACK! Someone help me PLEEEAASE!

(Thanx Michelle, by the way!)

Well, there are two other classical music pieces that were used in that movie besides the Puccini one that is on that soundtrack.

One of them is also listed in the soundtrack called "Largo al factotum" and it is taken from the opera 'The Barber of Seville' by composer Gioachino Rossini.

The other classical music piece doesn't look like it's listed on that soundtrack, but it's called "In Paradisum" from 'The Requiem' by composer Gabriel Faure.

I think it might be 'The Requiem' you are looking for.

Here's a link to The Barber of Seville.

And here's one to The Requiem from Faure.

Hopefully one of those two tracks is the one you are looking for.

Hey Guys!

You all are lifesavers!!! 'In Paradisum' IS The One I'm Looking For! Thanx so much, Goodasgold! You really are worth your name! Thanx also, Michelle! You guys rock! Sure glad I came here...much needed rare tune names can be found! Keep up the good work, OK? Thanx again!

Back