Classical Song like a chant

howardd21

Reaction score
There is a song that is used in numerous commercials on TV and Radio. It is a chanting like song, acapella like, and repeats itself over and over again, building in power as it goes. At the end there is often cymbals and horns playing with it as the voices go very strong.

I think it was used in VISA commercials before, in the "everywhere you want to be" series, buit I am not sure. I wish I could describe it better, but that is hard to do. :(

Oddly enough, I think Ozzy Osbourne used to open shows in the early 1980s with a part of it, and then launch into "Over the Mountain", or crazy train, or something. Ozzy would rise out of a high part of the stage, while midgets where running all over the place, and he was dressed king like. Typical Ozzy.

Any help appreciated, this bugs me everytinme I hear it, and it is very poplar.

;)

The first thing that comes to mind is by a composer named Carl Orff and the song is called "Carmina Burana ". You can listen and see if it is what you you are looking for Here
Listen past the Introduction to the part titled 'Fortune". It is one of the most used classical pieces in commercials, movie trailers, etc..
I hope that helps.

I agree... it does sound like it could be "O Fortuna" by Carl Orff. This song is currently being played in the newest Reebok ad, too...

Another sort of chanting song with a lot of people chanting in it is "Zombie Nation" but im guessing your thinking of "o fortuna"

"Carmina Burana - O Fortuna" -- That is it!!! Thanks - that has been driving me nuts for awhile!

This is the coolest site. :lol:

Back