Chevy with dog

Oxymoron84

Reaction score
Hi,

Back when I was in high school, I was watching Star Trek: Voyager after 12:00 or 1:00 AM on Friday, April 13, 2001 (I can't recall the channel) and I saw a commercial for Chevrolet, I think. I don't remember much of it, since I saw it only once or twice, but I will try to describe as much as I can. I believe at the start of it they showed a dog lounging in a house, and there may have been the sound of an alarm ringing. The dog jumped up to run outside to see his owner, I think, and a '50s Rock 'n' Roll-sounding song started playing. I've been trying to figure out what this song is since, and actually searched all over the web last night, to no avail. I'm not sure if these lyrics are correct, since it's all so fuzzy in my memory, but I'm remembering something like, "Hello, Baby-- sure missed you since you been gone" and then a couple guitar notes, I think. At the end of the commercial the dog was shown with his head sticking out the window of a Chevy and a female announcer said something about how "the best friendships are made." I think at this same time the lyrics of the song went something like, "You're looking swell..." This isn't much to go by, but it's really been bothering me and I was hoping someone might recognize and remember this ad and know the song!

The song is called "Hello, Baby" - sounds like Bob Luman maybe?

Here's the lyrics:

Hello baby, sure glad to have you home
Come in baby, ooh you been gone so long
I've been nothing but blue, but I waited for you
Saved my loving since you've been gone

Hello baby, you're sure looking swell
Tell me baby, have things been going well
I've been nothing but blue, but I waited for you
Saved my loving since you've been gone

From now on there'll be no more goodbye
Hello just suits me fine
I'm gonna love you forever, and ever, and ever
And that's a long long time

Hello baby, you made a little mistake
Now we're together, what a great pair we'll make
By the stars above, I'll be a slave to your love
I'll never love no one but you

From now on there'll be no more goodbye
Hello just suits me fine
I'm gonna love you forever, and ever, and ever
And that's a long long time

Hello baby, you made a little mistake
Now we're together, what a great pair we'll make
By the stars above, I'll be a slave to your love
I'll never love no one but you

Thank you so much! Those lyrics do look familiar. I am comparing it to "Let's Think About Living"--I can barely remember how the song on the ad sounded, but it seems a little similar. I guess I'd have to actually hear "Hello, Baby" again.

Back