CBC promo music?

vesperholly

Reaction score
Shot in the dark because this seems pretty US-oriented board, but here goes...

CBC, the Canadian channel, has been running a promo spot a few times during their prime time lineup. I keep catching it during hockey games. I'm not entirely sure what it's for, but I'm assuming it's either a station ID or a promo for an upcoming special because it ends with a CBC logo on screen.

It features a song that sounds like Sarah McLachlan, but it's definitely not her (I have all her CDs). The lyrics that I could catch are something like "don't (or won't) you looooooooose" and the voice goes up and down during the drawn out "lose". I am almost positive I heard this song on the radio in the summer of 2000. I have googled as many combinations of the words as I can think of, which usually gets me results, but I can't find anything at all. The voice sounds the most like early McLachlan, a little bit like Dido or Nina Gordon from the song "Tonight and the Rest of My Life".

If anyone has a clue, I would appreciate it so much! Thank you!

Ah! I also just heard the song on the new episode of "8th and Ocean", the modeling reality show on MTV! It was right after Britt was talking to her mom on the phone.

Back