Burger King Commercial

ervinmagic

Reaction score
It's a promotional burger king add that starts out with some mariachi looking cholos, about 3-4 of them...and then the trumpet kicks in. Has kind of a funky, slow cypress hillish beat to it, and then the guy starts rappin in english to it. The promotion i believe is either for AOL or who gives a shit.

are you talking about the John Leguizamo one? If so, it is original by Leguizamo for the ad (in addition to rapping in it, he directed the commercial, too)

I am pretty sure it's not john lequizamo. these guys are mariachi types, with a trumpet, guitar and the costume as well. they do kind of a slow, funky, mariachi style rap.

John did the rap about the 99 cent menu, not the one that ervin is thinking about. This commercial is about the new Whopper promotion, and part of the lyrics go "working on the 9 to 5"

It sounds alot like Deliquents Habits, but I can't find the song anywhere.

Originally posted by Newo+Oct 5 2004, 08:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Newo @ Oct 5 2004, 08:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> (... I don't think this one was answered?) [/b]

I thought it was... according to heretohelp's response from above.

<!--QuoteBegin-heretohelp

are you talking about the John Leguizamo one? If so, it is original by Leguizamo for the ad (in addition to rapping in it, he directed the commercial, too)[/quote]

No, it's definitely not John Leguizamo. First off he's Puerto Rican...these guys are Mexican. It's some unknown group, Im checking on delinquent habbits right now, but I repeat, it is not John Leguizamo.

Look here. Article says the following:

This spot stars (and was directed by) John Leguizamo. He emerges from a customized armored truck, covered in all manner of bling featuring the number 99. He and his entourage turn the local Burger King into a happening spot, where they rap and dance about BK's "99 Cents Menu."

You'relooking for a different ad, Ervin. I'm not sure about the mariachi style ad. I'll take the "answered" off this one, since I was mistaken. :)

Back