Breast Cancer

ambercooper

Reaction score
There was a song on a breast cancer commercial with the lyrics "its just not the same without you" or something like that. Anyone know what this song is? I don't think the commercial airs anymore...

I know I posted this before but I got no responses.

I'm trying to find the name of a song in a breast cancer commercial that shows Husband's trying to deal with life after their wived died. The lyrics are "Shades of grey where the sky was blue, a world of pain we're living through, no its just not the same without you

Please Help me!

Originally posted by ambercooper@Oct 10 2007, 07:13 AM
I know I posted this before but I got no responses.

I'm trying to find the name of a song in a breast cancer commercial that shows Husband's trying to deal with life after their wived died. The lyrics are "Shades of grey where the sky was blue, a world of pain we're living through, no its just not the same without you

Please Help me!
This one?

http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=279182

<_<

Okay there is this breast cancer commercial in which you see dads raising their kids, like playing with them and such and then the last scene the dad lays down in his bed and turns to his side and the other half of the bed is empty.
As the things are happening there us also music going on. Its a soft kinda singing and by a guy I believe.
And some of the song lyrics are.
"Clouds are/of gray where the sky was blue a world of pain we've been living through.... no its just not the same without you.. without you...."
But yeah could someone possibly give me the title of the song and the name of the band. It would be greatly appreciated. I have been searching for it now for about a week with no luck. So maybe someone here can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Okay I found the commercial. Its done by the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
And here is the commercial. Still dont know the name of the song or the band. Some more help would be awesome.

I tried googling the lyrics and came up with some songs that were definitely not right.

I would email the CBCF at cbcf(at)cbcf.org and ask them.

Here's an email I received from the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. (Very nice folks).

"In developing our PSA, we had explored using several different songs, but the rights to use the songs were very expensive. After some discussion, we decided to contact local artist Dave Gunning, www.davegunning.com, to discuss his interest in writing something for our PSA. Dave wrote and recorded the music that same night – free of charge and had emailed the music to us first thing the next morning. The music was a perfect fit with our visual messaging. We did pay a nominal fee to own the rights to the song for life. Unfortunately, the music in the PSA isn’t a full song and to our knowledge, it doesn’t have a title.

I’m not sure if you’ve heard of Dave Gunning, but if you like the music in our PSA, I would recommend seeing him in concert. His songs all have amazing stories behind them and he is a fantastic storyteller and performer.

If you have any other questions related to the PSA or the song, please send them along."

Thanks. This was all very helpful. To bad there wasn't a full song of the one heard in the commercial but knowing who sings it means I can see what else he sings. He has such a beautiful voice. Anyway I will have to check out Dave Gunning's site and see also where he is going to play in concert. Again I cannot express enough how this all really helped me. Your all to kind.

You're very welcome. I emailed Dave and he replied quickly. He was very nice and appreciative of the "inquiry" into his music. I purchased a few of his songs yesterday and have no regrets. Though he probably doesn't need it, I hope he gets some more recognition from this. Good music. good guy. Here's his myspace.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=40060415

Back