Bell Canada Olympics

atom

Reaction score
I checked the other boards and could not find this topic.

Recently I saw an ad for the upcoming Olympic games. This ad showcased the SPONSORS. I remember at the end it said for "17 days in August" and then it flashed a whole bunch of names of the sponsors of the olympics. I also remember a shot of a flat screen tv.

What is the music in this commercial? Thanks.

If you're talking about the one where it shows all the people doing "the wave" and the lyrics go "So c'mon" repeatedly, the song is "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab For Cutie. It's a good song.

What is the song in the commercial.

It shows athletes preparing for the olympics and it says for 17 days in August we are all connected

Originally posted by Joe Robot@Jul 29 2004, 01:00 AM
If you're talking about the one where it shows all the people doing "the wave" and the lyrics go "So c'mon" repeatedly, the song is "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab For Cutie. It's a good song.
Yes! Thank you that was the song I was looking for, but i didn't recognize it until near the end. It is very good.

theres another commercial 4 the 2004 olympics, the music is up beat and it goes "Yeah, and The Crowd Goes Wild" ne body have ne info
thanx :rolleyes:

hi,
the song you have in question is called "transatlanticism." its the title track from the 2002 cd by death cab for cutie. considering the themes the ad is working with and the awesomeness of dcfc, it was a genius song for bell to pick for that commercial.

Aww thank you SO much mate, I was going to start a topic for it but then did the search!! Awesome, thanks again! :D

I'm not sure if this is only in Canada or not, but I've seen it on TV and at movie theatres, and it's a commercial in which it shows people in ordinary everyday situations, doing the wave. the music builds up, and words on the screen say "For 17 Days, we are all connected", while showing a tv in the background. I could not tell what the people were saying in the background, but it seems like an uplifting song.

There's a commercial I've seen twice now before watching the Bourne Supremacy. Basically it shows these people that are just doing normal everyday things and then they'll stand up and do "the wave", and eventually at the end it zooms out and shows a whole bunch of people on the street doing it, and then in a stadium.

I'd really like to know what song they're playing if anyone can help. It's pretty much instrumental until the end of the song, when vocals come in and it's a guy (could be more than one) singing "So come on" or something along those lines. It sounds like the climax to an emotional-rock type song, and sounds familiar, but I can't place it.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm not 100% sure it was for the Olympics, but I'm fairly certain. The theme was unity, whatever the case.

Thanks

Wow, I'm so impressed with myself. I just found out who it is by following my hunch. Turns out it's the song "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab For Cutie. I knew it sounded familiar. My roommate even has that CD. Bonus!

I saw a commercial for the 2004 olympics and it had crowds of people doing the wave. It said something like 'for 10 days, we are all connected'. Please help me with the song on that commercial, its driving me crazy. thanks. :)
**FOUND**

Back