Been driving me crazy for years

The Dude

Reaction score
This question didn't really fit in the other forum catagories, so I decided to post here and hopefully you guys can save me more anguish.

I need to know the same of a song. I have no idea who the artist is, only a good idea of when the song was released and what the music video is like.

It's an acoustic song. Released around '89-'91. The video contains a camera moving from room to room in a house. In one of the rooms, a band member is sitting on the floor listening to LP's on a record player. I notice two of these LP's are Led Zeppelin's 'IV' and The Eagles' 'Hotel California'.
The song is probably just shy of 3 minutes.

ANY help would be appreciated, as I've been trying to identify this damn song for a few years now.

can you remember how many band members there were or what they looked like? how the song went or any lyrics?

Originally posted by AmelieMellow@Jul 29 2004, 04:57 PM
can you remember how many band members there were or what they looked like? how the song went or any lyrics?
I THINK there's three members. All dudes.
The song is rather slow. All acoustic finger-pciking. There may be strings, I'm not completely sure. And I THINK one of the lyrics goes "all the things I've done".
That's all I can think of..

I think you're talking about a Black Crowes video, but I can't remember which song. Check their albums around that time at Amazon.

Originally posted by dascoot@Jul 29 2004, 05:01 PM
I think you're talking about a Black Crowes video, but I can't remember which song. Check their albums around that time at Amazon.
Nope. It's not the Black Crowes. I'm 100% sure of that.

Wild guess. How about Crowded House "Don't Dream it's Over"? If not, it's a great song anyway.

Was this a popular song around that time?

My best guess at the moment is "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)" by Green Day. But that song came around the mid 90's.

It's not Crowded House, it's not Extreme and it's not Green Day..

Ohhhhh. Welllllll. Caaaaaaaaaaaaanada. :p j/k Some of the best bands ever came from thataway. ;) Sure do wish you could remember the music cuz the vid just doesn't ring a bell. :(

Originally posted by givemfitz@Jul 30 2004, 04:48 PM
Ohhhhh. Welllllll. Caaaaaaaaaaaaanada. :p j/k Some of the best bands ever came from thataway. ;) Sure do wish you could remember the music cuz the vid just doesn't ring a bell. :(
Thing is, I DO remember the music.
I could friggin' hum the tune right now. I just have no clue who the artist is or what the lyrics are..

Well do that then. Make a wave file, post it somewhere and post a link to it here. ;)

You read my mind, Fitz.

The Dude: If you want, you can email me a wav file (andy@michels5.net) and I'll host it for you :)

Woooooooh, sexy voice!! ;) ;)

I'm gonna sit and think on that, the tune sounds familiar..

eek. sounds familiar :ermm: this reminds me of the part of that movie "stir of echoes" when he keeps humming the song and is going crazy. haha. can you imagine if kevin bacon posted here :p

LOL Weird Al posts at whatsthatcalled.com. Or at least he visits it. :lol:

Back