Apple iPod and iTunes

lilroach

Reaction score
Any one know the song with all the shadow breakbeat dancers in the new IPOD commercial kind of sounds like Darude - Sandstorm?? :huh:

dascoot

expat
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a remix though. Not sure which one, but the original sounds a bit different.

lilroach

Reaction score
Hey I checked out the song I dont think thats the one, Any other ideas?

Thanks

dascoot

expat
Reaction score
Look up there at what I wrote.. I musta posted the same time you did. It's definitely the same song, just remixed on the commercial.

dascoot

expat
Reaction score
UNLESSSS.. I mean, there IS one with the N.E.R.D. song, but there's also a few others, this might not be the one you're looking for. Check out Michelle's weblog, she has the other ones I've seen. There might be yet another one I haven't seen yet though..

Rob

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Jason Nevins - 'Classic Club Blaster' mix must be the artist and might have been re-edited for the commercial. Apart from the intro drum fill (That is in the Ad and isn't on the mix I heard), the Roland Synth is at the end of the track by Jason and without the drums. BUT....I haven't heard the Jason Nevins 'Rock Star ('formerly Rock Star - Poser')' mix, and this one may be the exact track. Anyone else?

Yeah I edited this rather than post again.....my apologies to Michelle & Dascoot. :unsure:

michelle

Pro Member
Reaction score
it has to be some sort of remix of the N.E.R.D. song, cause it's a lot cooler than the version i have (and i think i have the original version).

dascoot

expat
Reaction score
Originally posted by michelle@Nov 14 2003, 02:04 PM
it has to be some sort of remix of the N.E.R.D. song, cause it's a lot cooler than the version i have (and i think i have the original version).
Exactly. After having heard this one as many times as I have, the original is like.. blah..

Epsonink

Reaction score
Another good song that the IPOD commercials have on it is "Are you gonna be my girl" by Jet. This song is also on the soundtrack for MADDEN NFL 2004. I like it a lot

Mr. Flipper

Reaction score
Originally posted by freakinmystic@Nov 15 2003, 09:57 AM
I found it at WinMX as Blue Crush OST N.E.R.D. - Rock Star (Jason Nevins Remix Edit)
So is this truly the version played on the commercial :unsure: If so, is it available on any other source other than file sharing? I'm on a work laptop at the moment so I can't download the itunes software to check there :angry:

michelle

Pro Member
Reaction score
There is a CD Single with two different versions of "Rock Star" on it: the radio edit and the Jason Nevins remix. Also, as mentioned earlier, the Jason Nevins remix is available on the BLUE CRUSH soundtrack.

Okay... I just listened to the Jason Nevins remix and the ad... and I'm going to say it's the right remix version playing in the ad...