American Wedding

gtind

Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the song that Norah Jones sang in American Wedding?

I've heard that it's "The Long Day is Over" by Norah Jones, available on her album, "Come Away With Me."

The lyrics follow:

Feeling tired
By the fire
The long day is over

The wind is gone
Asleep at dawn
The embers burn on

With no reprise
The sun will rise
The long day is over

Is that the song you're looking for?

I'm looking for that classical/acoustic guitar theme that comes up during all the romantic scenes. ie when Jim gives Michelle the ring, during the vows, etc

I'm not sure, haven't seen the movie...

Have you checked the Soundtrack listing at IMDb.com? It generally lists all the songs from a movie, in order of appearance. You might be able to recognize it based on that...

There's also the CD listing.

I'm thinking you mean Van Morrison "Into The Mystic".. but here's where it gets confusing.
First off, I only remember it being played once, during the scene when they're at the reception, their first dance together.. and imdb says it was played twice. (shrug)
Second, when I heard it, and imdb agrees, it sounded to me like the Van Morrison version.. but the album soundtrack has The Wallflowers listed as being the musicians.
Also, like I said, I only remember it during their first dance.. so it might be the song you're looking for, but you'd said during their vows and during the proposal.. so I'm not sure. :blink:
Anyway, it's an accoustical, really great kinda soft folky rock song (as are all Van Morrison songs) so I hope it's the one you mean. If nothing else, you can check the others on the list Michelle posted.

No, it's not Into The Mystic. During the wedding dance, they actually start with Van Morrison's version and then switch to The Wallflowers' cover.

Damn, I guess I keep lookng. Can anybody who owns the DVD help me out here?

what is the song that plays when Stifler comes through in the end and brings the flowers. it has the line "Cherish your love"?

I was wondering what the name off the songs in that scene is, as many names as possible would have been great. Especially the first song the gay man are danscing too.

Thnx:D

I'm not sure, but have you checked the movie's Soundtrack or the IMDb.com soundtrack listing? (IMDb usually is listed in order of appearance in the movie...)

I saw American Wedding last night and 30 minutes into the flim, when the guy where in some club, Stiff was in some green light and start dancing to some 80's dance music that went something like " oohhh baby .... " and whatever else, does anyone knows this song ?

I just watched it last week, i think it might be the beginning of heaven on earth by belinda carlisle?

Originally posted by onelane@Oct 8 2004, 10:43 AM
I just watched it last week, i think it might be the beginning of heaven on earth by belinda carlisle?
Thank you very much.

When they are in the gay club, what is the song that starts the dance off with Stiffler and Bear?

i know this is late, but the song stifler dances to in the gay bar is "The Reflex - Duran Duran"

~Mellie

Anyone know what song it is? It has something in it like the seven seas....

Thanks.

Back