American Heart Association

KannD86

All-Star Member
Reaction score
I did a bunch of searches, but the search never works. I'm sorry if this has been asked.

I just saw a commercial, for something to do with hearts. Maybe heart disease awareness or a walk for a cure. The lyrics were "this is the day, today, unlike any other day". It was a woman singing in a high-pitched voice. Is this a real song, or only something written for the commercial?

Thanks for the link. I just heard the commercial again. Wish I knew more about the song.

I believe it's Sir Paul (McCartney).
I think I'd recognize that voice and guitar style even if I were stone deaf....
:D

I just saw a commercial sponsored by AHA and it has a man walking down the street and the words are, "today is the day".... A man is singing the song and the music is reminescent of Tim De Laughter. I appreciate any help with this. Thank you all.

I wrote to the website. They are forwarding my question to another department. When I hear back, I'll let everyone know.

Hmmm.. Paul McCartney? I don't think so, but I'm no expert.

It is definitely not Paul McCartney.

I also had written them and they responded that they are forwarding the request to another department.

Keep your fingers crossed.

No, it certainly is not McCartney. Does anyone else think the guy voice sounds like the lead singer for The Flaming Lips? That's who I am thinking it may be.

They haven't gotten back to me yet. How about you, mariaconfetti?

Hi, I'm not exactly sure who sings the version in the tv ad, but the song is definitely "This Is The Day" by a band called The The. It's a good 80s tune. :)

the music was commisioned & composed specifically for the commercial. not available as a longer "song".

What's the song in the ad? The lyrics are "This is the day, today. Not like any other day".
Thanks.

Back