AMC Top Gun

Reaction score
Im wondering if anyone knows the commercial in the ad for top gun on AMC.
If I can remember the lyrics I'll post them

Does anybody know what the song is called or who the artist is? Anybody? 'm glad I'm not the only one this is bugging the **** out of.
As far as I can tell, it's got a kind of punky/indie sound, but with a little edge to it. Vocally it sounds a little bit like REM, that high nasally kind of thing. The lyrics, as best as I can recall, go a little something like this: "It's singing/spinning in my ear, hope I fly away, higher and higher. With your left, your little left right.........." Not much to go off of I know, but if anyone has a clue I'd be much obliged.

Can someone please name this song, its really been bugging me too, I've seen it 8 or 9 times today and the song is stuck in my head.

i have also been searching for this song tried searching the lyrics but came up with no results.

so far i got:
stop screaming in my ear
i hope i fly, i hope i fly away
enjoy the last ride, the last ride of your entire life

I'm missing the middle part but still couldn't find anything with this.

I'm also stumped and would really like to know.
I have been trying to search the lyrics for the past few days, but nothing. I believe the guesses above are correct though.

whoever edits and picks the songs for these AMC promo spots has great taste!

the only part of the lyrics i couldn't figure out were the parts where theres talking over the song. The other commercials have been much easier to find the song names of but for some reason I'm not even getting a hit with any of the lyrics, i would think that they would pick a song that is somewhat known.

Yeah I can't make the lyrics out either. I catch the words "fly" and "ride" at the end of a line here and there but that's really no help. :rolleyes:

ok i think i got the middle now sounds like more of "enjoy the ride", but still can't find anything.

sorry for the double post but i got it:

title: Enjoy the Ride
Artist: Night Kills the Day
Album: The Study of Man...

i made a guess that the song name was titled "enjoy the ride" so i typed it into itunes and played the sample of each song until i found the right one, i got lucky.

I've also been looking for the amc top gun ad. Thank you for finding it. I looked at reviews for the album "The study of man". They were great. They said the album was a mix of The Cure and U2 influences. Does anyone know the song from the chewing gum ad, eclipse gum or ?

Which gum or any hint of the tune? There's been a couple of different ones this past year.

Back