2008 Summer Olympics Beijing

I heard a song during an emotional video about a South African Swimmer, Natalie du Toit , who lost her leg in an accident but still competed in the open swimming event. The video came on a few minutes after Misty May and Kerri Walsh won their gold medal in beach volleyball. The song was instrumental with a piano, I think. A somewhat sad song. Does anyone know what it was?

Originally posted by WashingtonApple@Aug 20 2008, 09:44 PM
Anyone know the song from this clip? No lyrics, probably pretty hard to identify. It was a recap that aired on 8-15-08 of the women's gymnastics all-around competition.

http://www.vimeo.com/1570670
Again, check my mix here. Should be the 3rd song down.

My itunes is not working correctly and I can't access your iMix with that link. Any other way I can find your iMix?

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but for all those who have searched for that damn PROMO music that NBC plays during its Olympic broadcast I have finally found it. I always thought it was John Williams but it was not.

Its by Randy Edelman for the TV show Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. It took me a long time to find it. I was shocked it came from a TV show, but it was.

If you want to listen to a clip go to Randy Edelman's website and go to Television and you can listen. Its exactly what they play on the Olympic coverage.

Was watching tivo of olympics from aug 18 around midnight or 1:00 AM aug 19. Wondering if anyone knows intro song when show just started. Some of the words were "its time to see all the places we were born its time to go higher we will go higher we will go higher its too late its too late"
Thanks

I have got a clearer audio sample and need help if anyone can assist me identify this piece of music. I apologize if I double post elsewhere.

http://www.bw450.com/BEIJING/olympic2008sample3.mp3

This is played on the beijng olympics sports channel. I've already tried to contact local broadcaster and ask them. They say this feed comes directly from Beijing Media and thus far nobody could help me.

:eek:

I am looking for a song played during an Olympic highlight montage on the NBC Today show on Friday morning August 22 at around 8:50 a.m.

The song is by a female country singer and the lyrics are something like

"what if you followed your dream and it changed your life" --

it is more of an mid to uptempo song --

I don't listen to very much country, so I couldn't really identify the singer by voice, can't find a clip online, and googled for lyrics but I probably have them slightly wrong.

I know that if anyone knows, it will be here on this forum. THANK YOU!

I didn't catch the broadcast, but could it be by Melissa Lawson - What If It All Goes Right. It has a very similar line, "What if you chase your dreams and it changes your whole life".

Does anyone know the song that Spain used for their team snychro swimming free routine? It sounded "jungley" and was aired, today, Saturday.

Thank you!

Was watching tivo of olympics from aug 18 around midnight or 1:00 AM aug 19. Wondering if anyone knows intro song when show just started. Some of the words were "its time to see all the places we were born its time to go higher we will go higher we will go higher its too late its too late"
Thanks

Looking for a song played during a montage of Usain Bolt and Carl Lewis right before the broadcast of the men's 200m final on NBC on August 20th. Kind of a techno sounding, mostly instrumental, but a woman's voice can be heard singing a couple of words (unfortunately, couldn't make out the words). Thanks.

Originally posted by vandevelde@Aug 23 2008, 08:21 PM
Looking for a song played during a montage of Usain Bolt and Carl Lewis right before the broadcast of the men's 200m final on NBC on August 20th. Kind of a techno sounding, mostly instrumental, but a woman's voice can be heard singing a couple of words (unfortunately, couldn't make out the words). Thanks.
The Veronicas - "Untouched"

I finally got a reply from a local broadcaster for the Beijing Olympics, and here is their reply below:

CD Name: Olympiad
Compser: Alan Hawkshaw
CD Number: BRN31

Track 1: Victory Fanfare
Composed by Alan Hawkshaw
Publisher: Bruton Music
CD No: BRN31

Track 2: Grand Opening Fanfare 1
Composed by Alan Hawkshaw
Publisher: Bruton Music
CD No: BRN31

Track 3: Olympic News 1