2008 Summer Olympics Beijing

No it wasn't Peter Gabriel, nice try tho. It was played again tonight, it was featuring Micheal Phelps and all his accomplishments. Did anyone else hear it?

to beaker30

"I am looking for a specific song NBC used last night or Aug. 12 during a montage of Michael Phelps gold medal swims in all his Olympics. I have heard this song in other places lately and it is driving me crazy. Must. Have. It."

was it paper planes by MIA? it's also featured in the pineapple express trailer and is starting to get play time on radio stations...

Originally posted by leone+Aug 16 2008, 02:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leone @ Aug 16 2008, 02:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-ornitholestes@Aug 16 2008, 05:00 PM
What was the music Alicia Sacramone used for her floor routine?  It's a little tango-like, with accordion & strings, a tango pace.  I KNOW I've heard this before but I just can't place it...Thanks!
"Santa Maria (Del Buen Ayre)" by Gotan Project (Amazon) (iTunes)[/b][/quote]
Thanks!! :lol:

THe one i am talking about has more of a soundtrack/ Score sound to it... Groove addicts or two steps from hell, music...NBC right before the tom brokaw video wich i am also lookin for tha music from that one

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/china-in...tury/2533395089
The opening montage used "Reunited" by Alan Silvestri from Van Helsing and an Immediate Music custom music cue called "The Brave Shall Rise". I think there was one other piece, don't know it yet.

And from the Tom Brokaw video, the first two songs i'm not sure about, but the last ones are...
Grateful Dead - China Cat Sunflower ('72 Europe Recording)
Craig Armstrong - Ball
Barber - Adagio for Strings
Craig Armstrong - Rise

Also, to other people looking for songs.... keep checking the iMix here that i've made of songs used during the coverage. If anyone knows anymore please post them here.

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered...

I'm looking for the symphonic piece that's played every night during the NBC Olympics upcoming programming :30 promos. It sounds Williams-ian, but I can't seem to find it.

Originally posted by angelwings88@Aug 13 2008, 09:52 PM
Does anyone know the song that they played at the end of the NBC olympics. It was played around 1:30 A.M. eastern time. It was like a video summing up all the days events. It was played after the men's all-around gymnastics. the only part of the lyrics I caught was: "Open your eyes, your eyes". It was sung by a guy. Thanks! :)
I think the song you are looking for is Dreamer by Chris Brown, hope I helped.

Does anyone know the music at the end of the Phelps profile that aired on Night 1? Any ideas??

Originally posted by SoMissTV@Aug 17 2008, 09:52 PM
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered...
I'm looking for the symphonic piece that's played every night during the NBC Olympics upcoming programming :30 promos. It sounds Williams-ian, but I can't seem to find it.
That one is is the theme from "Adventures of Brisco Country, Jr" by Randy Edelman
here is how it was originally used:

Originally posted by ssreverb@Aug 18 2008, 06:02 PM
Does anyone know the music at the end of the Phelps profile that aired on Night 1? Any ideas??
"Thunder" by Nuttin' But Stringz (Amazon) (iTunes)

Anyone have any idea of the instrumental piece used at the beginning of Chris Collinsworth's Alicia Sacramone interview segment on Sunday the 17th? The segment aired just before the Womens Individual Vault finals.

It's a movie score, I'm certain, but I just can't place it. The music changed several times during the segment, but it was the first piece played; shown during the replays of her falls during the team competition.

It's driving me crazy!

Thanks to those who helped w/my question, but neither song was what I was looking for. It was somewhat electronica, talked about running, like where you going to run to, etc...it's driving me nuts. It's a couple years old, but I can never find it.

I'm looking for a song used on Aug. 19th. It was during the track and field part of the primetime broadcast on NBC (after the men's diving, its during the men's 200m races). The song was used when they were doing a montage about Usain Bolt (the sprinter from Jamaica). No lyrics, it was just a baseline (sounded almost like a fuzz bass to me) and finger snapping. A little electric guitar too, its a rock song.

Any input is appreciated ;)

Originally posted by jmurrell@Aug 19 2008, 08:54 PM
I'm looking for a song used on Aug. 19th. It was during the track and field part of the primetime broadcast on NBC (after the men's diving, its during the men's 200m races). The song was used when they were doing a montage about Usain Bolt (the sprinter from Jamaica). No lyrics, it was just a baseline (sounded almost like a fuzz bass to me) and finger snapping. A little electric guitar too, its a rock song.

Any input is appreciated ;)
It sounds like the beginning of "Time is Running Out" by Muse.

Originally posted by beaker30+Aug 19 2008, 11:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (beaker30 @ Aug 19 2008, 11:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Thanks to those who helped w/my question, but neither song was what I was looking for. It was somewhat electronica, talked about running, like where you going to run to, etc...it's driving me nuts. It's a couple years old, but I can never find it.[/b]

Sinnerman (Felix da Housecat's Heavenly House Mix) by Nina Simone. Should be in my iMix here.

<!--QuoteBegin-jmurrell
@Aug 19 2008, 08:54 PM
I'm looking for a song used on Aug. 19th. It was during the track and field part of the primetime broadcast on NBC (after the men's diving, its during the men's 200m races). The song was used when they were doing a montage about Usain Bolt (the sprinter from Jamaica). No lyrics, it was just a baseline (sounded almost like a fuzz bass to me) and finger snapping. A little electric guitar too, its a rock song.[/quote]
'Time is Running Out' by Muse

Originally posted by RDSSPIEGEL@Aug 12 2008, 01:58 PM
its about a 4 minute video that recaps the the olympics are about...
heres the Links to you tube and look at it fast before they Delete IT!!

Thanks

Any ideas on the song or songs used??

I was watching the video on AOL and the music at the very beginning is an alternate version of ' THE OLYMPIC SPIRIT ' by John Williams (from the Summon the Heroes Cd).

And the music used at start of the Tom BroKaw video segment story about China winning the Olympic bid is from the soundtrack of the Great Debaters by James Newton Howard. The track is called
' AND THE WINNER IS '

Hope that helps:)

Does anyone know the song that was played when Nastia Liukin performed on the beam for the artistic closing, it aired today 8-20-08, i believe it was the closing for the gymnastics in the Olympics. it was a women singing

The song that was played during Nastia Lukin's preformance is "Once Upon a December" by deana carter

Anyone know the song used when nbc showed closing clips of May and Walsh winning the gold. Part of the the lyric was "cause it's you and me and victory"

Any help is appreciated.

slickjoe

Back