2006 Winter Olympics Torino

I downloaded one of Yan's performances and the song from them must be a remake because I don't remember some of the parts from that song is The Road Home.... I hope it wasn't made specifically for her program.

It's very nice :) may I ask who performed it or which recording it's from?

Anyone know the name of the background song in the snowboard review that aired on Sunday? The segment was right after the the figure skating review.

Im looking for any information about the music played during the closing ceremonies that was played by the clown marching band.

thanks

There was a techno-ish song playing in the background (over the PA system most likely) with a woman singing. It showed the olympians all coming onto the main floor, Toby Dawson was interviewed, and then it cut to a replay of Cindy Classen's speed skating victory. Anybody have any ideas?

What is the very last song in the olympics closing thing... it shows a massive montage of buildings and views of mountains and what-not... it had a very "Regency" (commercial) feeling to it...

thanks...

I think the one you're talking about might be the Remember the Titans theme song from the soundtrack by Trevor Rabin.

After the commentator for the Olympics gave his final recaps, they showed an beautiful end sequence with the credits on one side and recap images on the other along with some great scenery of Turino. Anyway, I thought the music was absoluetly wonderful and I would love to know if its an actual piece or a specially made composition. I noticed it said Olympic theme by John Williams (an incredibly score writer I must add), but I don't if that inclued the end sequence or not. I would be eternally grateful if anyone could help.

Does anybody know the name of the first classical song that was played during the credits at the end of the closing ceremonies? It sounds really familiar but I can't figure it out.

I KNEW someone was gonna write about that score. I JUST KNEW IT. So i decided to come on here and see who did it first. And it was you lol. Well anywayzzzzz... When I heard the score, I also liked it, and the first mind that came to thought was Adtunes. Well it was a nice piece. So if anyone knows out there (hopefully someone tivo'd it cause it's impossibe to find out unless you buy the DVD with the high points or wait and see if they play the song again in Vancover in 2010) knows the name of that song. Hook it up playa. HOLLA AT CHA BOYS!

At the very end. I mean the very end. When they are showing the credits of the olympics. The people that helped bring them to us. It was just on an hour ago exactly

I don't know what it was, but I would know it if I heard it again. I did make out what seemed to be a chorus of "Sorry, sorry" or "So sorry", and the words "Every little thing I do" before the interviews took over the audio. I've been looking for an hour now, and not found it yet. It isn't Madonna's "Sorry", either... so don't start there.

The song you're referring to is from the Remember the Titans soundtrack by Trevor Rabin.

The song you're looking for is called "Titans Spirit (Score)".

Enjoy!

Originally posted by ptcruiser9roc@Feb 26 2006, 11:39 PM
The song you're referring to is from the Remember the Titans soundtrack by Trevor Rabin.

The song you're looking for is called "Titans Spirit (Score)".

Enjoy!
The first music was from "The Perfect Storm" (Track #1, I think?) which took up a big chunk of the credits, then the "Remember the Titans" bit, I think ("Titans Spirit"), and mayyybe "Call of the Champions" by John Williams (maybe not, I listened to my Salt Lake 2002 recap music tonight as well, which might've confused me)...

And the very last song I was trying to figure out... I forgot where it's from, but I've found it before. A soft, delicate instrumental piece.

They usually use Michael Kamen's Robin Hood theme... I wish they'd go back to music like that. They've used this same compilation for maybe 3 Olympics now? IMO, their Sydney 2000 coverage was the most captivating and, hands down, NBC's best TV production ever. Maybe the best Olympics coverage & effective use of music ever. Every moment was pure TV magic. It almost makes me sad thinking back on those games... it was such a wonderful time. You just wanna freeze time and stay like that forever.

During the closing cerimonies, Andre Bochelli performed a song that I really was enjoying. Does anybody know anything about the song he sang?
Thanks

I wouldnt mind finding out more about them myself. They did play the YMCA song in a neat little band arrangement...but that's about all I know about the band.

I have the Sarah Brightman song and when I heard the skating music, I thought that it sounded the same. Hers is more orchestral and string-heavy than the others listed here. And, as I mentioned, it's probably just an instrumental of her version. As far as I know, there's not an instrumental of her rendition. So, they probably made it specifically for the skating program, either by asking the original mixer (?) of the song or by some special equipment/software that will totally take out the vocals. I don't know.

Sarah's pretty popular in Asia, I believe. On her last album, the Japanese version had an extra track, a video game theme song called "Namida: When Firebirds Cry." It took me FOREVER to find it. We, Americans, are always getting screwed out of extra stuff!

Song you're looking for ...

Andrea Bocelli - "Because We Believe" - CD: Amore

Enjoy!
There you go.

I was able to locate a copy of the Sarah Brightman song and they couldn't have just wiped the vocals. Too many places would be left empty. If someone has the performance taped, the sample I linked to above is 51 seconds - enough to tell if it's the same - in which case I'd go with the commissioned arrangement theory. But then wouldn't they have listed it as "Forbidden Colours" instead?

Back