2006 Winter Olympics Torino

correction.... not actually the last track but the "End Credit Melody" (track 22)

Music for the Performing 'The Lift' segment was...
"Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" - Thomas Newman (track 29: "Drive Away (End Title))
"Jarhead" - Thomas Newman (track 9 - "Unsick Most Ricky-Tick")
"Square One" - Coldplay

Does anybody know the 2 songs playing in the background to this opening vignette that NBC created? Here's the link the video at uTube:

I found out that the second part is "My Name is Lincoln" from "The Island" soundtrack. Anybody know the first song?

Does anyone know if the song {Living In My City (Eiffel 65)} has lyrics?

Apparently (from wikipedia), Eiffel 65 is now called Bloom 06. Their first album (as Bloom 06) is Crash Test 01, and it was released on Dec. 15 2006. The song 'Living In My City' is actually an instrumental of the debut single from the Crash Test 01 album, called 'In The City'.

Bloom 06 - In The City

You were sleeping on a side walk
living on a road
living on a road
thats from where you started
dont forget that hunger
cause that road
is the way back home

You were fighting for a sidewalk
that you called your own
that you called your own
You got all the money
but you are no longer
living in
living in

In the City
where the lights were just
bright enough
and the walls and the smells always kept you
on the ground
on the ground
In the city
with nothing to lose
and hoping to win
you were living in, living in, living
In the city

Lots of people from the sidewalk
are in the hall of fame
in the hall of fame.
Theyve never forgotten
where they all got started
cause they know
its the way back home

You were dreaming on the sidewalk
fighting for your name
fighting for your name
You got all the money
but you are no longer
living in
living in

Chorus

I'm not sure what this website you've given me is, or if it's gone down... anyone else?

I believe the wrong link was posted regarding the show The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. Wikipedia has an entry which highlights the theme from that show.

"Though the show only lasted one season, the series' majestic theme song composed by Randy Edelman found a new life as part of NBC's sports productions, namely during NBC broadcasts of the World Series and the Olympic Games (played while announcing the upcoming events)."

Re: Collection of NBC / Olympic Themes

Thanks a lot music guy! I was dying to find out the song titled 'Barbarians at the Gate'.

Back