Your Favorite TV Show Ever!

Smallville.

don't care if you disagree. I'm a huge fan of anything Sci-Fi and Fantasy because like the genius said above, this world sucks ass and escaping it for just 1-2 hours a day is most welcomed.

Originally posted by Scythe@Sep 15 2007, 04:43 AM
Globetrekker (PBS) --> Shows you the World IE: The real World and ways of life.
I'm a depressed and pessimistic hypochondriac who hates this world with the fire of a thousand suns. I think I prefer LaLa land actually.

24 (FOX) --> Action Adventure (That could actually happen).
No. It couldn't. Really.
:ph34r:

I never said that there was something wrong with fantasy...I simply asked is this fantasy land. Fantasy is a popular genre in American TV. That can not end soon enough.

If you watch Globetrekker then you would know what I mean when I say that they show you the real World not an Evil World.

But for those of you who have not seen Globetrekker, it is a travel programe that shows you different countries and cultures from an unconventional perspective. IE: They don't go on tours and to the most popular destinations. They don't stay in fancy Hotels.

This World is a very interesting place for those who have ever traveled. One should not seek to dismiss it as bad or claim that it "sucks ass".

Yet we should all hate those who hate us Great Americans. GOD has blessed the U.S.A.

And everything in 24 COULD possibly happen (not that it will)....one day.

Unlike Elvis, Ninja lives :ph34r:

We all know there are wondrous things in this world, but if you turn on the TV and watch the news you learn about all the killing, if you go to another show they're talking about economical depression, etc etc.

If you watch Stargate Atlantis, you can enjoy yourself, forget about all the bad stuff that happened to you at work for 45 minutes and go to bed with a smile on your face

And 24 will not happen. Ever

goldengloves is right as well....The Unit is a great programe. It stars my hero Denis Haysberth. I like military oriented TV programes.

Name something in 24 that could NEVER happen.
If it is logical...I will agree with you.

Oo boy... where to start...

First off, every episode is supposed to represent an actual hour... then how on earth is it possible that Jack Bauer is in a Chinese prison then 20 minutes later handcuffed to a sewage drain? He may be a new cool version of MacGuyver but that's pushing it.

Second, they have this Chloe character who is supposed to be top of the class when it comes to computers... yet can't pronounce anything related to computers... "I need you to recalibrate the kernel before it zoids with the jugs of the gps's whushklemel". And apparantly she's the only one on the globe who can do anything. Not surprising, really, because she's the only person who has any clue what Chloe says.

Jack Bauer gets stabbed, beat up and hurled insults about his mother... yet a little later he is jumping over rooftops, playing with burning helicopters and smile to the camera.

In the show, islamic terrorists are smarter than Japanese engineers. Zomg that's pretty weird, isn't it?

Now, all these points would be tolerable for an action show, hell, most of those points are true for Stargate Atlantis, but no way in hell are they realistic.

But, then again, half the show someone is being tortured in ways so brutal that Mel Gibson would be impressed... and that's a bit over the top for me.

BTW - why on earth do you say black ninja? Not once in the history of asia have there been black ninjas.

My favorite show of all time:

Freaks and Geeks.

Damn you NBC!

Originally posted by Caren H@Sep 15 2007, 02:09 PM
Smallville.

don't care if you disagree. I'm a huge fan of anything Sci-Fi and Fantasy because like the genius said above, this world sucks ass and escaping it for just 1-2 hours a day is most welcomed.
Smallville is awesome. 100 points for you on being so awesome in picking Smallville. :)

Originally posted by Scythe@Sep 16 2007, 05:30 PM
BTW - why on earth do you say black ninja? Not once in the history of asia have there been black ninjas.

I chose the "Black Ninja" character because when I joined and looked @ the little smilies in the box I see a "Ninja" smiley with a black mask. That is honestly why I chose the Black Ninja.....nothing more. It is just a way of identifying myself.

And lets not-nit pick over the symantics and "timing" problems on 24.

When I stated that things on the FOX program 24 COULD happen...I meant the events only. I did not mean the way the program itself is timed and how the characters act.

All events that take place on 24 are possible. The Chinese, Drug Dealers and Terrorists could do in real life what they all did in 24. If not now...in the future.

Thank you :ph34r:

But every ninja wears a black mask... I mean what ninja would be retarted enough to dress in white?

Ummmm.........then white ninja? :unsure:

I know Ken............I'm not helping :p

The consensus on ninja is pretty much unanimous. Why anyone bothers to read his posts or respond to his opinions is beyond me. :rolleyes:

The only unanimous consensus is that everyone loves Me (Ninja).

Lets not kid ourselves here....OK!
We can all see that I am honest and straight forward....whats not to love about that? Whats not to love about me?

The rest of you all will realize this and embrace me.

Originally posted by jffodom@Sep 26 2007, 03:47 PM
Whats not to love about me?

Everything. By the way, you a soul-sucking entity that doesn't not know the meaning of the word love. YOU DON'T GET TO USE IT. Now go crawl back under your rock and do not EVER return.

Back