What are your favorite Video Game Soundtracks?

My all time favorite game soundtracks:

Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VI
(FF3 for SNES has the best soundtrack of all the FF games)
Chrono Trigger

All 3 have awsome music that accompany the story events well, and sound good on their own. If only Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda could have produced the music for these three games for the Playstation's superior sounding hardware, alas...

Double Dragon (old it is, but the melodies are solid)

Streets of Rage (when first this came out, who didn't say 'whoa!?')

Street Fighter EX + alpha (Great soundtrack; so underrated) :(

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (my 2nd favorite game soundtrack)

Command & Conquer: Red Alert
My all time favorite game soundtrack. So many songs, and they're all good! Hell March in particular is so darn good, and I'm not even a metal fan! For those who didn't buy it when it came out, check out Frank Klepacki's web page. If you scroll to the bottom, you'll see a music player that will play tracks from all the C&C games he scored in their entirety!

all metal gar games as well.

Hitman series has great music as well

metal solid gear by Harry-gregson williams
medal of honour by john williams

Hitman did have some good music, I think Jasper Kyd did most of it.

Ooh... so many to choose from. I'd say I'm in love with all of the Silent Hill soundtracks, and the first two Tomb Raider soundtracks. I figured out if you pop your original Tomb Raider game in your CD player, it'll play all the music tracks, and some voice tracks towards the end, like: "You firing at me? You firing at me? Ain't nobody else here, so you must be firing at me!"

I haven't tried it with the other ones, but I know the original TR works.

OH! Of course, my all time favorite is the Devil May Cry 3 soundtrack. "The Devil's Cry" version 1 & 2 are just... mmm.

Final Fantasy VI: Dancin Mad (Final Tear), Shadow

Rise of Nations: Wing and Prayer

Final Fantasy VII by far.

However, anything composed by Nobuo Uemtasu is also just as great. But it's only fair that, IMO, the greatest game soundtrack in the world go great with the greatest game in the world.

Bryan

Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, and Halo. Although the first 2 sound very synthesized, it's hard to find anything better, especially lately.

Final Fantasy VII, and of course SILENT HILL'S SOUNDTRACKS!! :D
also The Sims (on computer) the songs when you are building, i love them, and the songs of the entire game!

Xenosaga II - recurring themes may be overdone a bit but I love them so it doesn't matter to me! :rolleyes:

Thats like the least nerdiest game so far.

Rez and Wipeout Pure had some cool music too.

Back