What are your favorite Video Game Soundtracks?

"With My Mind" by Cold from Psy-ops... not a famous game, but it is fun while it lasts. Oh, and its alternative rock, which is my favorite type of muzak.....

I think "To zanarkand" from FFX is a great track.

I also like the alternate version of the same track used in the end of the game. it just gives great feelings while playing.

The Halo Theme, The Earth City Theme from Halo 2, some track in a Beyond Good and Evil trailer you could never track down, the Pelagic II theme from Perfect Dark, the Dance of Lux Veratatis from Tomb Raider: AOD, and a track in a Tomb Raider: AOD trailer you could never track down.

I think this thread existed once before, but for some reason i felt the urge to resurrect it...the "Favourite song" one just doesn't cut it for me... (sorry)..

So what do are your favourite video game soundtracks?

Mine:
FFVII-FFX - great classical-esque music.
Katamari Damacy - for just pure lunacy
Space Channel 5 - Like KatDam, can get a bit repetitive but great swing/jazz
Beyond Good & Evil - just a great all round OST

also, anyone who's a fan of old school (eg. nes & snes etc) games and the like and who also like remixes should check out [OC Remixes

I base how good a soundtrack is on how well I can memorize and recall the songs. Below are some games soundtracks that have somehow managed to get me humming tunes at work.

Xenogears - haunting tunes
Chrono Cross - fun, lively
Final Fantasy VII - just pure nostalgia
Katamari Damacy - omgwtflol
Zone of Enders - Distorted, haunting vocals
Prince of Persia - I <3 Middle-Eastern vocals...

I have yet to play Beyond Good & Evil (I just bought it the other day), but from what I've heard, it sounds really enticing.

Mine are:
Halo
Halo 2
Chronicles of Riddick- Escape From Butcher Bay (Released by the game company online for free)
Perfect Dark
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness

I like Final Fantasy VIII music. My favorite is probably the soundtrack to Vagrant Story. Probably my all time favorite game. The game and music couldn't have been better.

well it seems that everybody likes Final Fantasy and Nobuo Uematsu...

Hey SiDe, I have a question related to your link from

[OC Remixes

Can anyone explain to me simply about bitorrent and how I can download and play the tracks there?
Doom3 is one of the games I play and I'd love to get the music, esp since I love remixes.
But I don't know much about bit torrent. Well ok I know NOTHING about it.
It says you need a bit torrent client, and then that pg says you may have corrupted downloads due to bad RAM on your computer. so they reccomend running memtest.
Is it risky to download all this extra stuff, and will it slow down my computer?
Well, if anyone has time, I'd appreciate it!

Call me old school, but there is no finer soundtrack than the tunes heard in the PS1's "Parappa the Rapper."

"Kick, punch, it's all in the mind..." Great stuff. And the surprise ppearance by Queeen Latifah as a driving instructor -- priceless.

yeah uh...bittorrent...don't ask me...
I'm still on dial-up... :p

sorry.

Back