What are your favorite Video Game Soundtracks?

Originally posted by michelle@Nov 6 2004, 04:45 PM
Anybody playing (or heard of) Katamari Damacy? I'm loving it's soundtrack, the game too. :D
beautiful, beautiful songs here, too. AND I STILL KILL HALO!!! :ph34r: besides, anything by namco kicks some royal @$$

oh, come on, i haven't even heard the real good ones; who has mentioned Outcast? Silver? oh, really, silver has incredible music
and then there are of course, the more known games, like kingdom hearts, the final fantasies, stuff like that

Originally posted by luvaddict@Apr 11 2005, 05:25 PM
:ph34r: I WILL KILL ALL WHO LIKED HALO!!! im sorry, i just dislike x-box, severely.
Halo PC. :woo:

Of course, Final Fantasy music is always great. I also really live Vagrant Story. Great music that fits very well with the game. If you haven't played it before, it is a little tough to get used to the battle system, but is an excellent game with excellent music.

The New Tetris (Nintendo 64)
Tetrisphere (Nintendo 64)

mostly the fast paced techno

What about Bubsy for Snes?
:shifty::smurf::shifty:

Edit.. er wrong smiley thingy

:smurf::shifty::smurf:

"Shadowman" The first game. But no one knows where to get it. Too Bad

i really love the music for donkey kong country for snes.
"fear factory" is soooo good and probably helped that level
so much...the water levels, with the soothing music.

i really love the devil may cry theme as well. wow!!
they remixed this theme for metal gear solid II.

i almost forgot to mention mega man x.
zero's theme, storm eagle boss theme!! OMGOMGOMGOGMG

i thought this would be fun.
name your all-time fave vg song/theme.
just name one.

mine would be from donkey kong country - "fear factory theme"

Mine would be...

Rikki - Suteki Da Ne from the game Final Fantasy X!

Too many to name to be honest, but a few soundtracks in recent memory that I've really enjoyed were the soundtracks for:

No One Lives Forever 1
No One Lives Forever 2
Deus Ex
Total Annihilation
Half-Life 1
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
Quake 2
Shogo: Mobile Armour Division
PainKiller
Age Of Empires 1
Iron Storm
Hexen 2
Nightmare 3D
Doom 1 (Ultimate Doom)
Doom 2
Meteor 1
Meteor 2
Tyrian

... and many more that I'm probably forgetting....

My favorite thing to do is record music from games that don't have music in MP3/WAV format or on a CD, and are seemingly impossible to rip! :p I love ripping those by recording them in high-quality and editing them, and then burning them on a CD so I can listen to them in the car or in my room with the really good speakers! :p

I think I can only identify with the guy before me who said Quake 2 was sick...! >D

There are too many to name to be honest, but a few soundtracks in recent memory that I've really enjoyed were the soundtracks for:

No One Lives Forever 1
No One Lives Forever 2
Deus Ex
Total Annihilation
Half-Life 1
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
Quake 2
Shogo: Mobile Armour Division
PainKiller
Age Of Empires 1
Iron Storm
Hexen 2
Nightmare 3D
Doom 1 (Ultimate Doom)
Doom 2
Meteor 1
Meteor 2
Tyrian

... and many more that I'm probably forgetting....

My favorite thing to do is record music from games that don't have music in MP3/WAV format or on a CD, and are seemingly impossible to rip! :p I love ripping those by recording them in high-quality and editing them, and then burning them on a CD so I can listen to them in the car or in my room with the really good speakers! :p

Maybe people who post in this topic could also provide links to the songs themselves if the songs are freely available for the public. I know for a fact that some Game Music Composers put actual, whole songs on their sites to demo their work.

Diablo (the original). Great music, fits the game really well.

One Who Bears Fangs at God - Xenogears Soundtrack / Yasunori Mitsuda

It's so... haunting. Hell, all of the songs on this game are haunting, that's what makes it so great.

Back