Wendy's Frosty Shakes

stmetcalf

Reaction score
During the new Wendy's commercial advertising their Frosty Shakes, there is a tune playing. It sounds like "Turkey in the Straw" (or is it Turkey in the Hay?) in the beginning, but then some drums and guitars start playing along with the tune.

Is this an in-house piece . . . or is this version of Turkey available to us? I get a huge kick out of the "rocked out" tune!

Yeah, I was wondering about that song too. The ice cream truck drives me CRAZY playing that song EVERY day, so I thought the Wendy's commercial song could put a good twist on it.

If anyone's not familiar with the song Turkey In the Straw, you can learn about it's history and hear a midi sequence here:
Turkey in the Straw

I think the song in the Wendy's commercial may be an in-house project but I hope I'm wrong.

The song is "Ice Creamy" by producer/composer Squeak E. Clean. Originally it was used in the classic Spike Jonze skate flick "Yeah Right!" and along with the rest of the score is now available on iTunes. It was later licensed for use in the Wendy's commercial. Squeak does write original music for other commercials, though, winning the top music prize at 2005 Cannes International Ad Festival for Adidas "Hello Tomorrow" (also directed by Spike Jonze).

Back