VW Volkswagon Jetta Ben different sized feet

if anyone has access to the commercial itself plz respond also. thx in advance.

i have a strong feeling that since this tune is available to web surfers coutesy of adweek.com that it isn't going to be on the vw website, i'm taking this worse than anyone, trust me

Do you mean the commercial can be seen at adweek.com? Can you post a link?

There is this one Jetta Commerical where it shows this guy growing up and he has one foot lager than the other and all through out the commerical all these things go wrong for him but in the end he is really happy cause his big foot fits perfectly with the gas petel. I THINK it says at the end "a direct link from your right foot and a smile" anyway if anyone knows that song I would be ever so greatful :D

Remember that commercial, with the boy with one foot bigger than the other? I know the composer and the name of the music "Bombardment Society Theme" by Josh Ralph/The Rumor Mill, but I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone have any leads on where to obtain the music? Thanks

J Ralph composes a lot of music for ads... most of which probably only exist in 30-60 second form.

Just joined, but been coming here and to other sites for over a year in search of TV ad music. It's the higher standard of modern music today; what my generation (late-80s teens) refered to as progressive, indy, or simply non-mainstream. Sadly, it's tough to find these days, especially on radio.

Interested by several VW ad songs, I discovered J Ralph and his music. He is responsible for the "Story of Ben" ad (Bomabardment Society...) mentioned in this thread. His "One Million Miles Away" song in the "wedding" ad is a hidden track (first) on "Music to Mauzner By" released under the name "Spy." Great CD! Highly recommend! I actually wrote him and he graciously replied and confirmed he is also responsible for music in the "Squares" and "Uncle Jay" ads. He said these tunes would probably be made available sometime soon.

I too am getting hooked on ad music. How come this music is so great, but we never hear it on the radio? Where are the ad creators hearing it? And does the music sound so good because it is paired with evocative visuals ("I Put A Spell On You" - Levi jeans, "Why Should I Cry" - Lee jeans)?

In about 2002 or 2003 a commercial came out that's called The Story of Ben. It's a VW commercial that shows how a kid with one foot thats bigger than his other and he doesn't fit in with normal things in life except his VW. The song that plays is supoosedly called Bombardment Society Theme by J. Ralph...........problem is, I can't find that to match ANYTHING anywhere on the net. If someone knows what the name of this song is called if it goes by another name or if they know where I can get it, please let me know. It's a dam great song and I have no idea where to get it. Thanks

You can view 'The Story of Ben' at the website of The Rumor Mill, which is J Ralph's music production company (Selected Work > Volkswagen).

However, as Michelle pointed out, most of his original tracks for commercials are not released to the general public.

They are very good at responding to emails, so you could ask them.

Back