VW Volkswagen "The Birds and the Bees"

Kind of offish on topic. Did anyone notice the rabbit with different color'd panels. Kind of like a patch color'd bunny.
I thought that was neat. :rolleyes:

I just saw it tonight for the first time, but wasn't paying attention until the music stuck in my head. Sort of a face-paced car commercial (maybe VW?) with jaunty, fast music; a cross between jazz, techno, and "come on eileen." Might have been French. Any help out there??

oops, sorry -- I thought I'd checked through the current topics, but missed the one I needed. "Birds & Bees" by Patrick and Eugene, topic below... sorry! (and "techno"? I was way off!) :)

There is a new Volkswagen car. the name is not mentioned in the commercial. the commercial starts with what appears to be many Volkswagen cars playing hide and seek. in the end the cars come on one intersection and get in a traffic jam. instead of telling us the name the commercial shows a gray rabbit. the music in the back has some lyrics which i didn't get completely. its something with the sun shinning and flowers and something. the music is some kind of rock and techno mixture. i tried looking here http://www.vw.com/vwlife/commercial.html but the commercial is not listed there. any help?

HA HA! i solved it for myself. after posting here i tried seraching on youtube.com and i found it!

Commercial is here:

Music video of the song played:

I am not even sure if this is the right car but I saw an ad for them and it looked like the ones in the commercial. I do not even think they mention what kind of car they are selling in the commercial! During it it seems like the cars are playing hide-and-go-seek (two go into an alleyway and try and hide form each other). I think the car may be called Forfour supermini SUV, I have no clue though. At the end of the commercial they show a bunny sign.
Thanks for your help in advance!

I can't help with the music, but I think you're talking about a Volkswagon Rabbit commercal - they've just launched a huge "The Rabbit is back," campaign. It's actually a smaller car, akin to hatchbacks of yesteryear (I don't know if they call them that anymore).

Can you confirm whether this sounds right? Are you in the US? If not, perhaps it is something else altogether. Check out the VW site and see whether the Rabbit's the right car...then maybe we can track down the right music for you. :) In the meantime, they do have a page for commercials, but they aren't up yet.

Yeah, the black rabbit and white rabbit are chasing each other around and then there are suddenly lots of grey rabbits. And one spotted white and black rabbit. It's like a National Geographic about the mating habits of the most metalic of the lagomorphs.

This song, though, it's haunting like no song I have heard before. Well, maybe Meat Loaf's "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)." I just couldn't get it out of my head until I thought about Meat Loaf. Now I just want a sandwich.

Yes, that sounds liek the car. Thanks so much for that. I live in Canada, I dont know if that makes any difference. I geuss maybe they may nto play the same commercials in the states. So now that we have the car down I wonder if we can find the song.

Yes. :) I finally saw the commercial again (oddly enough, it seemed like it was on all the time until I wanted to see it). In the US version, the cars are all just zooming around, getting together, not really playing hide and seek. By the end of the commercial, it's just a sea of black/white/grey Rabbits.

The birds and the bees are flying in the trees
The sun is in the sky just for you and I
The sky is perfect blue, no cloud would spoil the view
It's a sign from above that shows that we're in love

You can find the song/album/info at these links:
Patrick and Eugene Postcard from Summerisle

Import CD+bonus tracks at Amazon.com in stock (US)
Import CD (original tracks) at Amazon.com sellers (US)

The new VW Rabbit isn't really a return to the older Rabbits, it's actually the newest Golf (sold as Golf V outside N America). [Trivia - in the commercial, you can see some have different colored (black/white/grey) panels - I'm hoping this is a limited edition paint option - sometime in the mid-late '90s, they did that with the Golf and the cars were red/green/yellow/blue. It wasn't quite as goofy as it sounds.]

The album and song are also available on. ;)

I'm digging it all so much, I've ordered the import CD. :)

Originally posted by Oblio@Jun 29 2006, 11:51 PM
The car was called a Rabbit hence the little metal bunny. The rabbit was a popular car that came out in the 70's and it looks like VW brought it back.
Actually, the Volkswagen Rabbit IS the Golf. Since it was introduced, VW has been changing the name back and forth and a couple of other variations. The name also varies from country to country. Anyhoo, it's a really cool car, and the wikipedia article is very informative if you'd like to know more.

Ok, I'm pretty new to this forum thing so if i'm in the wrong place for the wrong thing go easy on me.

I'm trying to find out the song that soundtracks the new VW Polo advert on UK tv, its the one where a guy or a couple are driving down a country road surrounded by huge purple and white flowers and the buildings are made up up of hardware, stereos and stuff.

Anyone got a clue, and if the questions been answered before apologies in advance.

So many kittens, so few recipes.

I am looking for the commercial were the Volkswagon cars are driving through a city. It starts out with cars coming out of the tunnel, and then it shows a hummingbird. Then theres lots of cars driving around a corner and then dogs start barking. The end of it has all the cars under a traffic light at an intersection or something.

The sky is perfect blue
No cloud could spoil the view
It's a sign from all above
That shows that we're in love

All the birds and the bees
Are flying in the trees
The sun is in the sky
Just for you and I
It's a sign from all above
That shows that we're in love

Does anyone know the song or was it made for the commercial?

Okay I feel real dumb doing this,but there is another VW Rabbit commericial out there That has a song i'm looking for.The people are driving around in there car and there is a booblehead of a squirrel on the dashboard.It's a real bouncy tune with bells and some of the words go like "bounce baby bounce,1,2 bounce baby"and then some more bells.It sounds like something from the 80's.I know Y'all can help me.Thanks.

The birds and the bees by Patrick and Eugene:
The birds and the bees
are flying in the trees
The sun is in the sky
just for you and I
The birds and the bees
are flying in the trees
The sun is in the sky
just for you and I
the sky is perfect blue
it’s a sign from above
that shows that we’re in love
The birds and the bees
are flying in the trees
The sun is in the sky
just for you and I
the sky is perfect blue
it’s a sign from above
that shows that we’re in love

What song is that? Its from some car commercial, I forget which, where the two cars are driving through this pretty track, and there driving around eachother, making it look like there coples, adn the song goes like, "The birds adn the beez, anre buzzing in the trees, its a sign from above, that shows that were in love.."

There was a VW commerical from a few months back. I really liked the song but i can't remember hardly any lyrics. However, it was very up and cheerful and kinda sounded a little beatlesc to me.

I'm pretty sure it featured a VW bug.

I know i'm being pretty vague but any ideas??

Thanks.

there is a song on a volkswagen as that i reallly want to know the title of.
The ad has people driving a VW through a really sunny, pretty summer day and the song is sort of an upbeat bluesy song and the lyrics have something to do with birds, bees, flowers trees and love lol,

Back