Verizon "Someday"

Hello...
Does anyone know the song played in the ad about the merge of Verizon and MCI?

If it's the ad about the Verizon/MCI business merge ...

The song is "Ooh Child" (originally done by the 5 Stairsteps)

Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

that's the right song, but does anyone know who sings it in the verizon commerical?

Originally posted by bq286@Mar 14 2006, 12:26 AM
that's the right song, but does anyone know who sings it in the verizon commerical?
I THINK (thought I could be wrong) that they used the original song.

ive heard this song b4 on a movie and i thought it was really kewl its really slow, and kinda sad it says someday...and i dunno the rest i kno it has many versioa cuz the one on the commercial is a guy and the one on the movie is a girl

I'm just guessing here, but the song you are looking for could be "Ooh Child" by the Five Stairsteps--they wrote and orginally performed it, but it's been covered by several other recording artists.

Does anybody know who did the actual commercial for the Verizon Business "someday" commercial. I know the original was "Ooh Child" by The Five Stairsteps. That is a little old for me if anyone can point me to the commercial version that would be very much appreciated.

I know Verizon Business (formerly Sprint) is using Michael McDonald's Motown collection for their commercials, but can anyone tell me where to find the latest one, Ooh Ooh Child? I've looked all over to no success.

oh god i have to mute that commercial
stick to the script mike jesus christ

dont know where to get the album, he had some good tracks, but some of the live vocal improvisation can get a bit out of hand imo

i think it was mci that verizon swallowed to make vbiz, sprint is with nextel now if i remember right

its really hard to keep up with all these crazy merging telcos

Its a crappy cover of "O-o-h Child" by the Five Stairsteps, with an emphasize on the "someday" lyric. <_<

Why not get the original superior version by the Five Stairsteps? :(

Back