Verizon Richer Deeper Broader

sdnil427

Reaction score
there's a new verizon commercial with a guy trotting the globe, and giving people things with the word "jar" on them. (i know it sounds weird, but i just saw this commercial on mtv) the background music had a good beat with a lot of bass to it. there were no lyrics

I am looking to find out more on the commercial witht he guy that is running and sort of flying/soaring around. The song is a strong bass & horn combonation, very hip-hop-ish. Anyone have any ideas I checked the richer deeper broader website and chekced the commericals section and this one is not there. Can anyone help??

Hello.

Yes, I did use Forum Search, and yes, I'm aware that there are already posts and topics about what I'm about to talk about ...

I started this thread to try and put some space between the already-much-discussed "Concert" ad (with Ddubble Impactt - "Move A Lot") and the newer ones whose music has yet to be determined ...

OK, first up ...
The guy with the "Jar" clothing ...

Mentioned here

And mentioned here

It's an African-American guy shown at first sitting at a drafting table in a loft ...
He's sketching/doodling/drawing something ...
He has a eureka moment ...
He gets up and walk over to one of the loft's big windows and literally hops out of the window ...
Then he's shown hopping through different scenes ...
One is in the desert, he's shown hopping into a roadside billboard ...
One is at night, where he hops into the scene in front of a happening club and hands out these sort of shirt boxes with his "Jar" clothing in them to two guys ...
Another is at night as well, where he hops into the scene on a sidewalk where he again hands out these "Jar" clothing shirt boxes to a couple of girls ... At this point, the one girl who is Asian opens up the box and pulls out this very small knit (?) sweater with the word "Jar" stitched onto it and holds it up in front of her smiling ...
The guy smiles back ...

The music ... what the heck is it?
I don't know why, but every time I hear it, it reminds me of something by Wu-Tang Clan or something on that order ...

And, for the second one ...
The newspaper kids ...

Talked about here ...
Gxp Posted: Jun 29 2005, 04:15 AM [ Report ] [ Quote ]

Group: New Members
Member No.: 9193

I'd much much rather know who's in ad #1, the style reminds me of Tomoyasu Hotei. The horns into a breakbeat is awesome.
[ Profile ] [ PM ] [ Email ] [ WWW ] [ AIM ] [ MSN ] [ TOP ]
robindw Posted: Jul 5 2005, 09:12 PM [ Report ] [ Quote ]

Member No.: 13528

Does anyone know the name of the song? I like it a lot too...
[ Profile ] [ PM ] [ Email ] [ TOP ]
Hayle Posted: Jul 20 2005, 09:58 PM [ Report ] [ Quote ]

Member No.: 17519

I am also looking for this song. Very difficult finding any info on them.

This post has been edited by Hayle on Jul 20 2005, 09:59 PM

According to the RicherDeeperBroader.com website the ad is called "Enlightenment" ...

We see a newspaper kid biking along a suburban street and he eventually reaches this house where he throws - surprise! NOT a newspaper - but a CD ...
Then we see there are a few more newspaper kids (boys and girls) who reach the same house and toss some other CDs, some DVDs, some games, etc. ...
We see the house where now a light has come on in one of the upstairs rooms ...
Then we see even more newspaper kids delivering a torrent of even more CDS, DVDS, games, etc. ...
More and more ...
More and more ...
All the while, more lights are coming on in the house ... (hence the title "Enlightenment" ... hehehe ... sneaky devils ... :p )

The music ... what the heck is it?
I totally agree with GXP ...
It really does sound like something by Tomoyasu Hotei (Think: "Battle Without Honor or Humanity" from the Kill Bill Vol. 1 soundtrack) ...

*gulp*
wincing ... bracing myself ... <_< :unsure: :( :ph34r:

I have this really sick feeling that the music in these two ads was some of that made-for-the-ad kind of stuff ...

But I'd still like to know one way or the other ... be it commercially available or not ...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Um ...

bipolar bear ...

The Ddubble Impactt song is from a different Verizon commercial ...
(the one with a large arena concert going on and random people in the midst of the crowd doing ordinary daily things - taking a bath, ironing, etc. ...)

I'm interested in the music used in some of the other Verizon ads currently on TV ...

The guy handing/tossing out shirt boxes with his "Jar" clothing in them ...
Wu-Tang-like music ...
What is it?

The newspaper kids tossing newspapers/CDs/DVDs/video games/etc. at a suburban house whose various interior lights come on ...
Tomoyasu Hotei-like music ...
What is it?

Anybody out there have any ideas?

Back