Vanilla Sky

I just made my boyfriend a full cd of the complete soundtrack for Vanilla Sky.
It's a well sought-after track listing, especially since Cameron Crowe is known for his good taste in music (he wrote music reviews for Rolling Stone magazine) and his ability to blend music with visuals (Almost Famous).
There is a complete track listing on cameroncroweonline.com with the times that each song is played in the movie.
"Right before he kills himself..?"
I don't think that's Indra. That song is played much earlier in the movie.
I think it might be either 'Heaven' by the Rolling Stones, 'Healing Room' by Sinead O'Connor, or 'Good Vibrations' by The Beach Boys.

ANYHOW!
There are exactly 40 songs played in the movie.
Here are my ideas of what it could be:
27. Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong
** you said it wasn't on the soundtrack, so it can't be 'Porpoise Song' by The Monkees **
29. The Five Americans - Western Union
** I don't think it's 'One of Us' by Joan Osborne **
31. Todd Rudgren - Can We Still Be Friends
The three that I mentioned above : )
35. Freur - Doot Doot
36. Elmer Bernstein - Summer's End (Theme from To Kill a Mockingbird)
37. Nancy Wilson - Elevator Beat

The Spiritualized song plays at his "funeral," so I don't think that's it.
Anyhow, all of the above songs are really great, so...even if they're NOT the one you're looking for, I think you will enjoy them nonetheless.

If you want any more information about the movie or the soundtrack, then let me know -- It's my second favourite movie and my second favourite soundtrack (just after Eternal Sunshine in both categories), so I'd be happy to help. : )

Originally posted by yashrg@Dec 26 2005, 06:33 AM
i`m looking for the song that plays in the club with the blue lasers...where tom cruise is wearing a mask...its not on the soundtrack either...
These are the songs played in the "club" scene:
At the beginning, when Tom Cruise's character is first entering the scene: Thievery Corporation - Indra
When Tom Cruise's character is talking to Jason Lee's character: Chemical Brothers - Loops of Fury
When Tom Cruise is ordering a drink from the bar and then walking back into the dancing crowd: Leftfield - Afrika Shox
When Tom Cruise is talking to Penelope Cruz: Underworld - Rez

Originally posted by proof@Dec 31 2005, 05:58 PM
You're all wrong. The music in the scene is CLEARLY Benny Benassi - Satisfaction.
uhm...this song is not mentioned anywhere on cameron crowe's site or in the ending credits...?

Ugh, okay -- here is the full track listing for the entire movie in the order that the songs are played, and with running times:
1. Everything In Its Right Place - Radiohead (59 seconds)
2. From Rusholme With Love - Mint Royale (3:08)
3. Vanilla Sky - Paul McCartney (4:16)
4. Have You Forgotten - Red House Painters (5:58)
5. All The Right Friends - REM (6:37)
6. My Robot - Looper (15:09)
7. My Favorite Things - John Coltrane (17:13)
8. Keep On Pushin' - The Impressions (19:16)
9. Mondo '77 - Looper (21:16)
10. Directions - Josh Rouse (22:38)
11. Wrecking Ball - Creeper Lagoon (24:11)
12. Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel (31:56)
13. Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley (37:22)
14. I Fall Apart - Julianna Gianni (39:35)
15. Earthtime Tapestry - Spacecraft (43:33)
16. Svefn-G-Englar - Sigur Rós (47:29)
17. Agaetis Byrjun - Sigur Rós (54:44)
18. Indra - Thievery Corporation (58:59)
19. Loops Of Fury - The Chemical Brothers (59:35)
20. Afrika Shox - Leftfield featuring Afrika Bambaataa (61:22)
21. Rez - Underworld (63:30)
22. Too Good To Be Strange - Andrea Parker/Two Sandwiches Short Of A Lunchbox (64:24)
23. Sweetness Follows - REM (69:21)
24. One Of Us - Joan Osborne (75:45)
25. Fourth Time Around - Bob Dylan (80:04)
26. Wild Honey - U2 (82:08)
27. I Might Be Wrong - Radiohead (93:00)
28. Porpoise Song (theme from 'Head') - The Monkees (99:39)
29. Western Union - The Five Americans (100:45)
30. Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms (101:03)
32. Can We Still Be Friends - Todd Rundgren (101:46)
33. Heaven - The Rolling Stones (106:33)
34. The Healing Room - Sinead O'Connor (110:07)
35. Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys (112:33)
36. Doot Doot - Freur (114:31)
37. Summer's End (from 'To Kill A Mockingbird') - Elmer Bernstein (116:49)
38. Elevator Beat - Nancy Wilson (117:53)
39. Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space - Spiritualized (120:05)
40. The Nothing Song (aka njósnavélin) - Sigur Rós (126:01)
41. Where Do I Begin - The Chemical Brothers (131:53)

to the person who wanted to know the name of the sonf as tom cruise follows penelope cruise to the dance studio it is nancy wilson garage beat.

The music at the end of the film where Tom Cruise is standing on top of the building is a Icelandic band called Sigur Ros. It was taken from a live performance because they had not yet recorded the song. One cool fact is that the band sings in "Hopelandic" which is a made up from from Icelandic (on this song and album).

Sigur Ros - Track6 - "Untitled (The Nothing Song)"

The Album in which the song appears is called...Untitled.

Here is the link to the information from the bands website....

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/band/faq.php#05

(where can i get that song from vanilla sky? ("the nothing song"))

Oh if it has I didnt see it on this post. I guess everyone was a bit off, including me. I see after the the Sigur Ros song was where the question began. I see now...

Song where u see the big Homer simpson ballon....cant give you guys anymore detail sorry :(

after the accident...when he is in his appt and doin some homework and all theres like a parade in the street

well i know 2 song of sigur ross playin in that movie and i know its not one of them maube another one

Oh....then did you figure out which song it was??

Sorry...I haven't seen it in so long, everytime I catch it it's at the very end.... <_<

no its not on the soundtrack :( thats why im askin on this forum if any1 knows the anwer

sorry i forgot the character names, so ill just refer to them by their real names. Anyways its the part where tom says "who could i trust" its where penelope is coming from the subway and walks down the street and tom follows. I looked on the album and its not there. does anyone have an idea??

Back