uknown 80's pop song

farbeyond

Sandman
Reaction score
I heard this song on the radio today and don't know who its by. I think its an 80's pop song because I remember hearing it before and it sounds like an older artist. I believe a woman sings it and the lyrics I remember hearing are: don't stop...........don't stop tryin'. its don't stop, trying, crying or something else that sounds like that. Any ideas. its not fleetwood mac's don't stop, its slower paced, kind of like the eurythmics.

Can you call the radio station you heard the song on? Or look on their website at their playlist?

I emailed and called the radio station and they havn't gotten back to me.

One Way - "Don't Stop"?

You sure it was a female? Does it have a rock sound to it?

thats not the song i'm looking for but it sounds like that genre of music.

80's R&B okay? Gotcha. I'll check again later.

Diano Ross and The Supremes - "Don't Stop"?

nope, its not that song either. don't.... stop .....................don't stop trying

that is the pace the lyrics go, the woman says don't stop fast, then a little pause and then don't stop trying.

I heard the song again today and its a duet of male and female singers. It definately says don't stop but I dont' know what it says after it its like don't stop, don't stop trying, crying, flying, buying etc... any ideas

I've tried yes.com and all but 2 of the stations I listen to are not on there. I emailed the radio station about the song with no reply. I've emailed yes.com to get the radio stations on their and nothing. I'll keep trying.

Hopefully someone will know it. Let us know if the radio station ever responds. :)

just a stab in the dark here but it is not journey's "Don't Stop Believing" is it

No its not that song but thanx for trying. It has simlilar sounds to that songs background music but with less rock guitar. Its kind of got a dreamy easy listening feel to it which makes me believe it is an 80's pop song. The women in the song i'm thinking of sings most of the song with back up vocals of a male. The chorus I can hear says don't stop.......don't stop trying. The don't stop words are said pretty voiced with the breathing out air sound if you know what I mean. Its like how you sound when you are emphasizing the meaning of words. She says don't stop fast then a little pause then don't stop trying.

I heard the end of the song again today and asked other people around me who heard it what they thought. They didn't know who it was by but they both thought it sounded like some 80's group and that the lyrics sounded like don't stop, don't stop the rain. I've searched for lyrics of this without any luck so far. I've listened to all the songs on napster while doing a search for track titles of don't stop and stop the rain with no luck either.

What type of radio station are you hearing it on? What time of day did you hear it? Does the station play certain genres at certain times (e.g. "Retro Lunch Hour")?

The station I heard it on calls itself Lite Rock. They play todays hits and yesterdays favorites. They have certain times where they play softer songs but I don't know when. I have actually heard the song in a local drug store but only the end of the song. It definately has an 80's pop sound to it. The radio station has been all but worthless and they are not on yes.com. The store doesn't know the playlist because its satellite fed. It's only a matter of time before this mystery becomes a reality in the form of artist and song.

Okay, I finally found the name of the song that has been bugging me for a long time. The mystery song is: Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music - "Don't Stop The Dance".

Back