Travel Texas tourism

Hello there,

There is an ad that was playing until recently for the Texas tourism ads and I'd really like to know what it is - it's really pretty! It's a female vocal, and I couldn't make out many of the lyrics, however I'll try...

Sunny (or summer) day,
...something there
Your smile .. kept me there(?)
For a moment, I'm free (That line I heard very clearly)

Anyone know who it was? It was a really great song. It isn't on the TravelTex site. I think only the old ads are coming up on there.

Thanks!

There is a Texas commerical on right now and there is a song that goes something like "Sunday could be Monday" it is really perky and a female sings it.

Like this?

"Feels Like Sunday" by Freshlyground

I know I’m always on time
But today it feels like Sunday
Though it could be Monday
They call it Tuesday
I know my schedule’s fine

:ph34r:

I'm also looking for a song on one of their commercials that I heard yesterday, but it's a male singer. The lyrics are something like:
Some day, maybe Monday, could be Tuesday, that'd be fine...you'll be mine

I think I messed the lyrics up a bit, but I was scrambling to find a pen and paper to jot them down. It's a very soft, almost folksy song and very beautiful. He sounds a lot like Jack Johnson.

Anyway, if anyone knows the artist please tell me. Thanks!

I'm looking for a song on the Texas tourism commercial. It's a male vocal with acoustic guitar, sounds a bit like Jack Johnson. The lyrics are something like:

Someday, maybe Monday, could be Tuesday, that'd be fine...you'll be mine...

If you know the artist, please tell me. Thanks!

I am probably a little behind the times here but I just heard the Texas Travel ad within the past month or so and also want to know the name of the song on the ad, a female singer, lyrics sound like, "up when the sun hits the sky/all my worries they just disappear...

Originally posted by Rippi@Apr 10 2008, 06:57 PM
I am probably a little behind the times here but I just heard the Texas Travel ad within the past month or so and also want to know the name of the song on the ad, a female singer, lyrics sound like, "up when the sun hits the sky/all my worries they just disappear...
Emily Gimble?

I looked up the lyrics but I don't think this is the song I'm looking for. I think it's her, (Emily Gimble) singing, but a different song, perhaps created just for this ad and not on any albums.

Originally posted by audimoose@Apr 14 2008, 07:12 PM
Still looking for the song for the "Storytelling" ad... sounds like Ryan Adams:

"memories as big as the Texas Sky, like blowing leaves childhood dreams flow by. And so it seems, we've always been here in our thoughts and in our dreams."

Play it here:

http://www.traveltex.com/ads/allads.aspx

Thanks!
Probably composed just for the ad since the only google hit for those lyrics is a yahoo answers page that has no answers.

:blink:

Lyrics are "your smile caught me there for a moment I was free."

Female Artist, a soft laid back song, it almost sounded like Natalie Merchant

No it's not Emily Gimble. the samples of the are not the artist I heard,

Hey sjradio?

Where did you find Barbara Breckinridge "I'm Free"?

Thanks!

Back