Top Ad Music for 2005?

The Concretes "Say Something New" (Target ad)
oh yeah..I forgot about that one. That commercial made me love that song. Should definetly go on the top list.

"Son's Gonna Rise" by Citizen Cope

"Go Far" by Rumor Mill music house, made for the Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive commercial. That commercial is the best one of 2005.

I vote for the full song version "somebody up there loves you directv" witty and cool

Im sorry but the worst commercial has to be that clapper crap

clap on clap on

*clap clap*

the clapper

^^^^
they couldn't think of a better jingle? and omg the circuit city song is even worse.

I loved the Rockr with itunes commercials. The one where there is a girl walking but her reflection/ shadow is dancing.They also have one with a guy dancing too. The songs are "No Sleep Tonight"- The Faders and "Jukebox"- Bent Fabric.

I also like the eBay commercials where all of the things are "It". The song is "Daydream Believer"- The Monkees

Originally posted by findasong@Dec 24 2005, 05:19 AM
i love the song in the brava add with all the bouncy balls going down the road...does anyone know the name of the song
The full commercial and the song title can be found in the link, Sony Bravia. It's called "Heartbeats," by Jose Gonzalez...

You will need Quicktime to view the commercial.

I hope this helps...unless somebody answered it already. Aggh..

...and the award for best use of music in a commercial role for 2005 goes to...Cingular!!

...for consistently combining some great tunes with cleverly directed mini-films such as the 3 commercials that featured -

Low Light Supercharger - Ticket to the World
The Band - The Weight
The Faders - No Sleep Tonight

Surprised this wasn't mentioned:

1) Madonna - Hung Up

2) Falco - Der Kommissar

3) Coldcut - Timber

My award would have to go to Madonna for the best single used in a commercial and best jingle. The song is a great dance track and the instrumental is also great. Not to mention, the song has been remixed by almost every known DJ :)

All the Pontiac ads were great this year. I also liked the Ford Freestyle ad "Flexible" that sounds like David Bowie and we never figured out. And the Big Red Gum ad at the junkyard was cool, comma music, composed by Pete Schmidt for the ad, I believe.

Comcast high speed internet ruin your reputation faster commercial takes the trophy IMO.

The Ford commercial with the dildo in the purse was hilarious!!!!!!!!

The one I can't get out of my head (or remember the name of the song or artist) is Blue from American Express TV commercial that came out at the end of 2005. The ad showed a high-tech looking assembly plant where robotic arms picked out products which, I guess, the Amex Blue users could buy with the card.

Hope someone can figure out what that music is...

Best song/commercial by far....

EAT STEAK - by the Reverend Horton Heat

for Boston Market...

My favorite: American Express Rewards Store

Finally got the details (albeit 3+ years later). The music was composed by Machine Head (www.machinehead.com) in Venice, CA. It does sound a bit like Taco's version of Puttin On The Ritz mixed with Murry Head's One Night In Bankok. I was able to get a copy of the video w/music.

Note - Machine Head (founded by Stephen Dewey) is a very talented group of people and has been responsible for some very creative and innovative tracks. AMEX alone has used them on numerous occasions.

Back