Things YOU have made

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Aug 22 2007, 12:19 AM
Another new one, Tactical Assault.
Does that technique have a name.. when the subject is made of two colors and minimal details?

I think so.. i believe in 3d it's called cell shading, in 2d i've always called it rasterized but i'm not sure if that's right because the definition of a raster is an image composed of pixels. I know you can do a threshold adjustment to get it or you can do an autotrace for something similar... it's been so long since i've had time to mess with photoshop :(

Its not rasterizing, raster is pixels, vector is scalable math. All pixel based images are raster.

I don't know what its called, get yourself illustrator and its easy, its called live trace. Once you get the hang of it and how to tweak the photo and the settings its very simple. Also I hear CS3 lets you do full color in live trace now, which is very cool.

Yeah, I'm not really sure where I got that... I think that's what I remember my teacher calling it, but they weren't always so bright. Hey speaking of teachers, I heard one of your teachers speaking at Flashbelt this summer. I forgot his name, but I remember he did lots of stuff in Processing. Skinny dude in glasses... I've seen him at AIGA events too.

John Keston? He is a cool guy, I've had 5 classes with him. You should check out his band Keston & Westdal. They play once a week at various places in Minneapolis. They have a residency at the Kitty Cat Klub which is a pretty happening joint, 21+ though.

I was in Advanced Motion Scripting with him right when processing hit the scene, he was really jazzed about it and we spent a few days messing with it.

Yeah! That's the guy. Well.. I should probably get some sleep, gotta pack today. My sisters getting married in Italy in a few days and I haven't even started getting ready. :ph34r:

Sleep? Its 9:30 in the morning. I hear everyone in Italy are jerks, I still want to go sometime though.

I work the night shift. Italians are mostly a big bunch of jerks, but the guy she's marrying is really nice. A few years back I went to Italy for a church thing, so it was my family and some elderly people. We were just walking down the street and a bunch of teenagers came out and started spraying aerosol deoderant at us because we were Americans. bunch of a-holes.

Re: my question. Thanks dudes. ;)

She's getting married? But she's still a baby. :(

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Aug 22 2007, 06:02 AM
Its not rasterizing, raster is pixels, vector is scalable math. All pixel based images are raster.

I don't know what its called, get yourself illustrator and its easy, its called live trace. Once you get the hang of it and how to tweak the photo and the settings its very simple. Also I hear CS3 lets you do full color in live trace now, which is very cool.
wow, u know ur stuff bloodlessr....i'm very impressed. thats pretty hot when guys are really good at something :)

Originally posted by a_iver@Aug 22 2007, 05:31 PM
I work the night shift. Italians are mostly a big bunch of jerks, but the guy she's marrying is really nice. A few years back I went to Italy for a church thing, so it was my family and some elderly people. We were just walking down the street and a bunch of teenagers came out and started spraying aerosol deoderant at us because we were Americans. bunch of a-holes.
Tell them your Canadian.

Originally posted by alleycat08+Aug 22 2007, 06:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (alleycat08 @ Aug 22 2007, 06:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bloodlessr@Aug 22 2007, 06:02 AM

wow, u know ur stuff bloodlessr....i'm very impressed. thats pretty hot when guys are really good at something :) [/b][/quote]
Watch it missy. What do you expect from someone a few months away from a BA?

Originally posted by Bloodlessr+Aug 22 2007, 07:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bloodlessr @ Aug 22 2007, 07:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-a_iver@Aug 22 2007, 05:31 PM
Tell them your Canadian. [/b][/quote]
Tell them you're British and to bugger off.

That requires an accent though, Canadians sound just like Americans just hold your o's a little longer and finish random sentences with "eh."

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Aug 22 2007, 07:07 PM
That requires an accent though, Canadians sound just like Americans just hold your o's a little longer and finish random sentences with "eh."
:lol:

I don't think it's that hard to fake accents. If you're yelling they won't really know anyway.

Back