The O.C.

The OC 'NEVER' uses the theme song (Phantom Planet - California) for the commercials as a few stated. The latest commercial uses 'The Reason' by Hoobastank, and "Freakin' Out" by Graham Coxon. They also use 'Paint the Silence' by South in a lot of the trailers. Hope that helps!

GRACIAS!! GRACIAS MUY MUCHO!! I WILLL CHECK IT OUT!! ^_^

I know that I heard a song from the OC on a commercial a while back. I can't remember the song, but the commercial showed a satelite in outerspace at the end. I know "Dice" is played in one commercial, but I don't think that is it.

There are a handful of threads previously discussing ads for The OC -- maybe your answer is in one of those? Look here

Wait, I'm confused... The song isn't in an ad for The OC?

Okay then... Well, if it was in an episode of The OC -- you could describe that and maybe we'd be able to figure it out from there.

Does anyone know the name of the song playing on the most recent commercial for the OC? The commercial itself was kind of a montage of things that have happened recently, and I believe the song had the words "the one" in it. Thank you!!!

I know this is in Australia , but im not sure about america....does anyone knoe the song they used to promote episode 14 of the o.c.
It was soft and slow paced.

what is the name of the song they play in this ad and it shows anna leaving and a preview of whats going to happen. It has lots of violins in it and it sounds like U2. Please help me.

So, all week I've been seeing these really quick commercials advertising the season finale for The OC. Early in the ad, and very briefly, there's some kind of punk/pop song being played. All I can remember are the words, "Waiting to begin" or something like that, and it almost sounds like Blink 182 or something they might write. Please, if anyone knows the music I'm talking about, let me know. It's been driving me mad for days now. :)

-John

good ear. that's tom delonge formerly of blink182.

new band: angels and airwaves song: The adventure

Thanks so much! And you're right, I often do have good ears. I'm so glad you pointed me towards this new band. Personally, I consider Blink 182 to be a punk band as well as its side-projects. I know, I know, many punk fans have turned their backs on Blink and consider punk to be more a state of mind rather than a style of music.

I feel that just because Blink manages to have harmony and melody in their music and singing, they shouldn't be lumped in as an emo band or whatever. The only concert I've ever been to was a Blink 182 concert. Their music makes me feel so many different things besides just destruction of property and rage against authority.

There seems to be a heart to that music. Listening to the words to Adam's Song, the piano in Stay Together For The Kids, the vocal harmony at the end of Feeling This or the melancholy love letter at war time being read in Violence.... They deserve so much more than to be written off as "same crappy punk music".

Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps they're not simply a punk band. Maybe they never were for some people. All I know is, whatever you want to call it, I find it to be haunting, sad and uplifting music most of the time. If punk fans can't appreciate that and are even against music that can do that, even for just one person, then well, it makes me a bit sad. I like punk music, but then again, I guess I just don't know what real punk is. Oh well.

Thanks again.
-John

Sorry, but Angels and Airwaves is most definitely NOT punk. I'm not just saying that because I don't believe Blink 182, Tom or anytihng made from any of the members isn't "real punk" blah blah. No, I say that because if anyone has any idea what punk music sounds like (assuming you were to label punk as a style of music), Angels and Airwaves sounds nothing like punk.

I have heard the album. Musically, especially the guitars, they sound rather U2ish. In some cases, you could describe them as U2 meets The Cure...as well as many other NON-PUNK influences...

Just because Tom Delonge is in the band, doesn't mean the band is automatically "punk".

Anyone know the song on the commercial for the new season of the O.C.? I forget how it goes. HELP... :huh:

"Rooftops" by The Lost Prophets

"Running Up That Hill" by Placebo

"Bandages" by Hot Hot Heat

Back