The O.C. Season 2

Anyone know what it is?? I'm assuming it's on the OC Soundtrack Mix 3 but just want to check.

Any help greatly appreciated :) thanks.

Can you describe the song? Any lyrics? Male/female vocals? Genre?

The song IS on the Chrismukkah album. The final song was Ron Sexsmith's "Maybe This Christmas".

The OC modest mouse season 2

hey guys...little help?

tonight modest mouse was on the OC...I know they sang "the world at large", but i couldnt tell what others they were singing on stage. any clue?

thx!

there's a song that plays on an episode of the O.C. i don't exactly know what the guy is singing, because i typed what i thought it was on yahoo and no lyrics came up that matched it. it sounds sort of similar to the tune for "mr. blue sky" by E.L.O. and the guy singing sounds like he's saying 'that's the way we get by, the way we get by.. oh yeah, the way we get by, the way we get by.. oh yeah' anyone know it?

I'm trying to figure out what artist did the song Hallelujah on The O.C., I'm pretty sure it was played at the very end of the last episode of season 1 (tear). I know Jeff Buckley did the song, but I listened to the preview on iTunes and it doesn't sound the same as it was on the show. I also found that Rufus Wainwright did the song since I found guitar tabs for it, but that song isn't on iTunes, but I think it might be him. Heeeeelp!

it def isn't rufus' version of hallelujah. it's jeff buckley. if you listen to the preview at amazon.com i think that it'll sound closer to the version that we heard on the show.

Okay I just remembered that the song is in either Shrek or Shrek 2 also, so I searched the forums for Shrek and found that it was Rufus Wainwright in Shrek, but the OC website says that Jeff Buckley did it for them. Oh well, whatevs.

I agree. The song is something like 7 minutes long, so the 30 sec preview on itunes may not have played the part you remember. It is definitely Jeff Buckley though.

Though it seems as though this question is answered I though I'd add some trivia (being a huge Jeff Buckley and Rufus Wainwright fan).

The Rufus version was on the actual soundtrack CD for Shrek, but the singer in the movie was John Cale. It was the same backing piano track, but I guess contractual things got in the way. So, if it sounds like the same music but a different singer, that's why.

Jeff Buckley's version (from the "Grace" CD) is the best, of course, and I'm sure there are many versions on iTunes (it was a live staple). His is just electric guitar and vocal.

I've never seen the O.C., so i can't help there, but you guys seem to have it figured out anyway.

The OC "Champagne Supernova" season 2

Did anybody catch who the artist was who sang Champagne Supernova at the end of The O.C. tonight? I missed the music credits. Thanks!

Back