The Lord of the Rings The Return of the King

Skie_Blue

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Would anyone happen to remember the ending of Return of the King? I've been trying to find some music from the final battle and the scenes inside Mount Doom, but it's not on the soundtrack.

The music I'm trying to describe is about the same as the main theme (not the Shire or hobbit themes) of the Lord of the Rings music, but using what sounds like a large male choir. If I'm not mistaken, the music I'm looking for appears a few times in the final battle and should be heard clearly after the Eye of Sauron explodes and our heroes are looking at the fiery chaos.

I have the Return of the King and Fellowship of the Ring soundtracks and it appears on neither (it's not "The Black Gate" either). The music it resembles or references is the main theme of the Lord of the Rings movies , in choral form (you know, the same theme you hear when the Fellowship are running across the chasms of Khazad Dum pursued by the Balrog, for example).

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks!

Alexander Rudra

If you are referring to the Extended edition, this will not be on the soundtrack because it is new music added to the film. I believe you are right, that it is a chorus singing the Fellowship (from when Aragorm runs toward the black gate and others attack behind to when Sam is carrying Frodo and Gollum appears?). This is of course not on the soundtrack, but rumor has it that there may be a complete score to the films coming out sometime. Keep your fingers crossed!

Mike

Thanks, Mike!

No, I'm not referring to the Extended Edition (it hasn't hit my shores as yet), but it does appear in the theatre version. Yes, I believe it *is* playing when Aragorn does his famous 100m sprint for the Black Gate, and a few other times during battle and Mount Doom sequences, too...haha.

Ah, upon listening to the soundtrack again (just to be sure I hadn't missed it somehow and wasted you guys' time), I believe the music that plays when the Eye of Sauron explodes is "The End of All Things", so I was mistaken about that.

Thanks once again for you help, I'll be sure to look out for the complete soundtrack...anyone else have anything to share?

A.R.

I'm trying to find the name of an instrumental piece from the Lord of the Rings movies, I believe it's played in all 3. The only specific scene I can think of it being is from the 3rd movie, when Gandalf and the others are heading for the gates of Mordor. I think this piece is played a lot during traveling scenes, and it's (I think) violin heavy.

That's all I can tell you... HELP!!!

The music for all three movies was composed by Howard Shore. Now it's kind of hard to explain, but a sort of common thread (i guess you coulld say) was used for most of the music in the three movies, so in just about all the music just changed slightly, but you can still recognise the original thread. (I don't know much about the technicalities of music so that probably sounds really stupid)
I bought the soundtracks for each movie - they're excellent - they're a worthwhile buy... :)

Does anyone know where I could find the song that is incorporated in the added scene in the Lord of the Rings: The Return of The King Platinum Extended Version? The scene is called House of the Healing. I hope someone can help me.

You must wait for extra giga :) version of LOTR score, planned to release in 2006. That will be 2 CD's with Fellowship of the Ring, 3 with Two Towers and 3 with Return of the King music plus extra CD with bonus stuff.

wow!!!when is the release date???

must buy!!! :D

They've played this alot and I thought it migbt be the lord of the rings theme. It sounds very triumphant and victorious and there are slower and faster versions of it. On the Two Towers soundtrack page, its part of the sample for Uruk-Hai but I have the CD and its only like that for about 45 seconds.

Also, does anybody know the song used in Return of the King where the Rohan guys ride down the hills with horses and attack the Orks. I can safely say its not "The Ride of Rohirrim".

thats the main LOTR que track i think it's apart of loads of tracks on all 3 albums and is not just one track

I think you're talking about the "fellowship" theme, the best version of which (IMO) is in the second half of "Gilraen's Memorial" from the FOTR Complete Recordings set (not sure if it's on the original soundtrack release). The build up and the bombastic payoff never fails to give me a rush of goosebumps down my back :D

As for the second piece, there is only a small segment of that part of the score on the soundtrack, in the track "The Fields Of The Pelennor", at the very end. The full cue will doubtlessly be on the Complete Recordings for Return Of The King... it won't be out for a while though - The Two Towers CR set is only out in October :D

I need help finding a song. It is the song that plays usually whenever a big battle in the movie is taking place. Its hard to explain, but maybe this clip will lend some help to finding out what it is. It is like bag pipes or something, but it plays when they charge.

I'm not sure on this one but the piece of music sounds like "The King Of The Golden Hall" from The Two Towers soundtrack or "The Ride of the Rohirrim" from The Return of the King. you can always check on Amazon.

It's the 'Rohan' theme, which can be heard all over the music for TTT and ROTK.

Good examples of this theme include 'Edoras' and 'Theoden King' from the TTT complete recordings set.

The version in played during the 'Ride of the Rohirrim' scene will be on the ROTK complete recordings set next year - it's not on the regular score release.

See Here

The Return of the King

While not officially announced, Howard Shore stated in a November 2006 interview that work on the Complete Recordings for the third film has begun and has an expected release date of 2007, as confirmed by Doug Adams in a March 2007 Lord of the Rings convention (ORC). This Complete Recordings set is expected to span four audio CDs rather than the usual three due to the four hour running time of the extended edition and the amount of unreleased music.

Back