The Lord of the Rings The Return of the King

I agree with someone who posted not that long ago that in some of the trailers The Lord of the Rings movies have used their own score, however, for the MOST part they use music that does not appear on their soundtrack. In fact they are from other movie soundtracks. For example in The Two Towers trailer they used music from the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack.

http://www.audiblebeauty.net/trailers.htm

this site might be helpful!

The song is from The Crow: City of Angels soundtrack by Graeme Revell. The song is called 'City of Angels". Good luck finding it; I have been looking for months.

Originally posted by vanglorious@Nov 4 2004, 10:34 AM
The song is from The Crow: City of Angels soundtrack by Graeme Revell. The song is called 'City of Angels". Good luck finding it; I have been looking for months.
You can find new and used copies of the CD here.

i just saw this commercial on TV, and although I cant remember all the lyrics, the ones I do remember are:
"there are many paths to tread, through shadow... and (?)"
the singer repeats " and shadows and (?)" a few times.
the sound is very, celtic.
I hope someone can name this song, as I have it stuck in my head and would love to get the track.

Thank you for providing this info. I only saw the commercial that once so hopefully your information will help. I did email hbo but.... haven't heard back.

The song you are looking for is from the Return of the King soundtrack. It is song number five - "The Steward of Gondor" The lyrics you are referring to do not start until the song is almost over.

FYI: It is sung by Billy Boyd, the actor who plays Pippin in the movie.

the song your looking for is called Bridge od Khazan Dum
The little eeee eeeee part is at the very end of this piece ;)

Maybe you guys might know this, because I've been searching for weeks now. If you watch The Return of the King, full-length trailer, in the last, exactly 10 secs of the preview, these intense dramatic string instruments start to play and they play slower and slower until you hear Sean Astin scream "no!!" and then the title appears and I have no idea what song it is from or where I can find it. I realize that most of the trailer is made up of the song Minas Trith (or something like that). But those last 10 secs, I just can't find where its from. Please help!

i hope i'm not too late, but i think what you're looking for is carmina burana - o fortuna. it's a famous operatic song sung by a female. used in all sorts of trailers and stuff.

:huh: O Fortuna is sung by a choir of EPIC proportions, not a lone female voice.

Originally posted by samalina85@Nov 3 2004, 10:26 PM
I agree with someone who posted not that long ago that in some of the trailers The Lord of the Rings movies have used their own score, however, for the MOST part they use music that does not appear on their soundtrack. In fact they are from other movie soundtracks. For example in The Two Towers trailer they used music from the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack.

http://www.audiblebeauty.net/trailers.htm

this site might be helpful!
if anyone was wondering what the song referred to above is called its
Lux Aeterna (Two Towers Remix) by Clint Mansell (normally he's also listed with Kronos Quartet as well)

I have little doubt that there is a file floating around with the title "Lux Aeterna (Two Towers Remix)" but according to Soundtrack.net it's

"Requiem for a Tower" - Simone Benyacar / Dan Nielsen / Veigar Mairgersson - Based on "Requiem for a Dream" by Clint Mansell

I don't know who decided it was 'Lux Aeterna' when it's clearly played in five other tracks on the "Requiem for a Dream" cd..... is it because it's the longest? (nearly four minutes) The bit in the trailer was only one minute and ten seconds. Was there an actual release of this remix?

update, ok from what i've seen i have the "Orchastral Version", and don't think anywhere on the black-net it goes by anything other than stuff like Clint Mansell Requiem for a Dream Remix

Originally posted by britainfan@Apr 9 2006, 05:06 AM
i hope i'm not too late, but i think what you're looking for is carmina burana - o fortuna. it's a famous operatic song sung by a female. used in all sorts of trailers and stuff.
This release of Return of the King has all thirteen 30 second TV spots and none of them used "O Fortuna". The ones that may have sounded like it can be heard on the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack - track 5, "The Black Rider" and probably other places as well.
Furthermore, ALL of the music used that had vocals of any kind - female, boys choir or epic adult choir did come from one of the LotR scores. Off the top of my head "Bridge of Khazad Dum" (mentioned several times already) "Isengard Unleashed" and the above mentioned "The Black Rider". I believe ALL of the tv spots used LotR score music but two of the intrumentals I couldn't quite place.

Back