The Great Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelle, is that online somewhere?? I've heard so much about it and never saw it..

SirBax - something else, are you sure that when the Founding Fathers put that in they were predicting the genocide in other countries hundreds of years in the future? Cause I was pretty sure that it was for invading armies.

Arc Of A Diver - Ohhhh never mind then dollface. I was gonna say don't fear the Oyster but neva mind.

No one said that, but that is the surest defense for liberals to sleep at night and know that he or any other leader can't just claim dictatorship, because the people have the real strengeth and the firepower to back up that strength.

Again, take a long look at Jeffersons quote.

On a side note, what is your defination of an assault weapon?

And take a long look at this quote. It's by a chick called Melissa and she knows some stuff. Goes a lil something like this:

If a member of the government comes to your door with genocide on the brain, it takes only one shot to take the fucker out. So use your freakin pistol and leave the semiautomatics for those who have the balls to enlist.

edit: assault weapon - a semi-automatic weapon, or a rifle decked out with 2 or more of the following: a folding or telescoping stock, pistol grip, bayonet mount, flash suppressor (or threads to attach one), or a grenade launcher

And what if two come....

how about three.....

no wait, five.......

what about thirty?

So, it is ok to have guns, just so long as they are not "assault weapons" as per the defination you just gave?

Well lucky for us the President is pals with Jesus and would never do ANYTHING to harm us. The irony of it all is that the Enemies of the White House are liberals.. who don't own guns.. hmm.

I swear! You all need to take a chill pill. Each person has the right to think what he or she wants to think, and a true American wouldn't bad mouth another for thinking that way. I honestly believe that this whole thread has gone to hell over this, and I don't enjoy reading this on going fight. I think it needs to end.

Originally posted by SirBax@Oct 25 2004, 08:19 PM
So, it is ok to have guns, just so long as they are not "assault weapons" as per the defination you just gave?
Dude, I've already said I don't care if people own guns, as long as they.. hold on, I'll show you.

And no, I don't give a tiny rat's ass if you have a gun or not, as long as it's not an ASSAULT rifle, and as long as you bought it legally after the proper waiting period, and now have it locked up in a place where no tiny hands or criminals can get to it. SEPARATE from its ammo. That you only use it to shoot food, in designated hunting areas, with proper licensing.

Originally posted by andy@Oct 25 2004, 08:21 PM
I swear! You all need to take a chill pill. Each person has the right to think what he or she wants to think, and a true American wouldn't bad mouth another for thinking that way. I honestly believe that this whole thread has gone to hell over this, and I don't enjoy reading this on going fight. I think it needs to end.
Then don't read it Andy.

settle down andy :p . you missed the the hard core arguing earlier.

So when a guy breaks into my house and threatens my life, I should not try to defend myself with a gun, because I should only use it for getting "meat"?

<_< @ scoot

I just wish the fighting would end. As Steph would say... le sigh

Originally posted by andy@Oct 25 2004, 08:25 PM
<_< @ scoot

I just wish the fighting would end. As Steph would say... le sigh
So DON'T READ IT ANDY. If you can't handle an adult debate then don't get envolved.

SirBax, obviously defending your own life is also included in that list. :rolleyes:

So, logically if I wanted to defend my life, shouldn't I want to use the most effective means possible?

so then would it be ok to build nukes, because I need to most efficiently defend my life, right?

It's just like yelling bomb in an airport. Yes technically your free to do it under the constitution, but it doesn't mean it should be legal.

The most effective means possible is to lock your damn door. If the *crime ridden* town of Palm Harbor has turned that bad since I moved away, put some bars on your windows. And if someone manages to get past a deadbolt, bars, a security system, and a guard dog, then you may pull a gun on that person. If need be, you may shoot him. Owning a gun, you should be well trained on how to make a kill shot, and how to make a wound shot. If you feel the need to use such excessive force when protecting yourself and/or your home that you need a weapon that will sever a person's torso from his legs with one pull of the trigger, then join the military.

Originally posted by a_iver@Oct 25 2004, 08:33 PM
so then would it be ok to build nukes, because I need to most efficiently defend my life, right?
Thank you, exactly. A semi-automatic is like the proverbial cannon-for-a-fly-swatter.

If you fealt that the threat justified that measue sure......just know that if you unjustly use sush measures the rest of society will be on you faster then you can reload your launcher. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back