The Express The Ernie Davis Story

dchili8

Reaction score
Please help, i need to know what movie this music is from, i have looked at every football movie soundtrack i can think of and can't find it. Thanks to anyone who can tell me where to find it. Music starts at 1:54 in the trailer and plays to the end. This same music is also used in the new NFL Network promo spots.

What is the background music playing during the 30 second TV spot called Courage from The Express: The Ernie Davis Story? The music begins about halfway through at the moment where we see the Cotton Bowl.

The clip can be found here:
http://www.theexpressmovie.com/site.html#/videos/1/2/

This same music also accompanied a montage of classic movie clips many years back during MGM's "75 Years of Movie Magic" celebration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all!

There is a song on a TV spot for the upcoming film "The Express" which I've been trying to figure out the name of for years now. It isn't on the 2:30 trailer, and I can't find a link to the TV spot to show you what song it is, unfortunately :( But the song was also used years ago in ads for MGM films on their VHS tapes (particularly the Bond films). It has no lyrics.

Does anybody know which song I'm talking about so I can figure out the name of it? I'd greatly, greatly appreciate it!

NoFate007 - I think we may be searching for the same song. I'm glad to know someone else has been haunted by this song. I've been searching for it for years. The song is played in the 30 second television spot for "The Express." It plays for the entire spot. The song sounds like something from "Dances With Wolves" or "Far and Away," but I've listened to both soundtracks without success. It's a sweeping orchestral piece and has been used on movie promos often.

If anyone knows the origin of the song, whether the name of it or the film to which it belongs, please respond. Your help is very much appreciated.

So I think the song you guys are looking for is : The Dragon's Heartbeat from the Dragon: the Bruce lee story soundtrack. It's by Randy Edelman. It took forever to figure it out.

It's not the piece you mentioned from the Bruce Lee story, but the piece does sound a lot like Edelman. In Gods and Generals there is background music that sounds similar when Lee is speaking to a group toward the beginning (Virginia legislature maybe?)

This music has plagued me for years, after I first heard it on an MGM VHS tape for Strange Brew. I'm glad someone else got it from a similar place, but I'm sorry it has preplexed others as much as me.

I first heard this song in a television promo for the film "A Thousand Acres" in 1997. So I've been searching for this song for 11 years. Finally the search is over! Aeryn, you are a genius! How on earth did you figure it out? You've got to tell me.

You are right; it's the soundtrack to "Dragon: the Bruce Lee story." Never in a million years would I have thought this music would be from this film.

NoFate007 - turns out we're not looking for the same long after all. Good luck with your search. I certainly hope it doesn't take you as long as it took me to find out.

Aeryn - I can not thank you enough.

Another poster has a call in to Universal to try and figure out what in the world that music is--so far, he has heard nothing. This is truly the Moby Dick of music.

My attempts to call to Universal yielded no fruit - I couldn't get anyone on the phone who had any relationship to movie production. What a pain. I may not have had the right phone number - can anyone else come up with a phone number that that they think is for the right department?

Well its not Mark Isham I just brought the soundtrack to the express and no luck

I've been looking for the song in "Courage" for probably 10 years now. I first heard it on the MGM Means Great Movies preview clips before James Bond movies on the old Collectors Set I have.

I've heard it on the "Courage" preview, I even heard it on Meet the Press of all places yesterday during a preview clip for "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams."

Somebody please, I've been searching for a decade.

I have been wondering what that song was. It is in the NFL Network commercial as well. Did a little searching and the song is Robert Etoll's "Quest for Glory." You can go their website at http://www.robertetoll.com/

Thanks for the post fury10, but unfortunately the Etoll piece that you cite is not the music that is played during the "Courage" TV spot (or during those MGM VHS previews). Has anyone had any further luck tracking down this music? I sure haven't.

I tried emailing Universal too, and I have yet to get a response. As always, if I come across something, I'll make sure to post it here for the rest of you...but it seems like nobody in the world knows what song this is lol.

Thank you so much Fury10,! That is exactly what I was looking for. Man that was driving me nuts. I love this web site. Zoodude and NoFate, I hope you find what you are looking for too. I tried looking for that "Courage" music as well, but couldn't find anything to help you. Sorry.

I still have yet to find out ANY more information on this song, despite my hunting.

It shouldn't be this hard to find out the name of a production song lol.

Has anybody else?

I have sent an email to Nightly News and a link to this video to the 75 Years of Movie Magic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkPu7MgwiBw
I have also been looking for this song for about 11 or 12 years. When MGM was running I was working at a FOX affiliate we were told that it was written by a music house called launch pad and MGM had exclusive rights. I guess now those rights have expired because in the past year i have heard it several times. It It also was in a promo for a show on the CW. It was listed on the promo production notes a track 25 disc 12. My contact at the Tv station was unable to find out more.

We will see what Nightly news says

Back