Talladega Nights The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

dysisgirl

Reaction score
Ricky and Susan are at the bar, and when Susan starts going off about how Ricky should be a racecar driver because he was born to do it, right when Ricky starts to fall for her, a really mellow song comes on. I recognized the melody, but can't remember the song name. It starts off with some chords on the piano, and sounds like it's from the 70's or 80's. The soundtrack doesn't seem to carry that song, I think it only has the instrumental music of the movie. If anyone knows the title of the song, it'd be much appreciated.

I've been thinking about this song for a long time, and "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey popped into my head. It sounds like it could be the song that I'm thinking of, but if anyone could confirm it that'd be great!

I just found in the imdb.com forum that it's: Journey - "Faithfully".

Hey folks!

Just wondering if there is any soundtrack listing for Talladega Nights. I've searched around and found numerous folks wondering the same thing since the soundtrack is fairly top notch.

More specifically, I'm trying to find the song that plays leading up to Ricky Bobby's first crash with the French driver (the one where he ends up saying "Yeah, I'm flyin' through the air, this can't be good)

I'm trying to remember it correctly, it was either an awesome guitar riff that played over and over or a sort of hard techno beat. Again, It played leading up to the first crash when Bobby ends up "losing it". I wish I could have remembered it more clearly. There were no lyrics to be heard and it's possible I suppose that it was an original track.

Please post if at least you have an idea of which song I am talking about.

Every other song question I see about this film either talks about Click Click Boom or the Journey song that plays in the bar. I've kinda ran out of options : \

The soundtrack for Talladega Nights is actually quite rare, amazon doesn't even carry it! A smaller website called Soundtrack Collector is selling it though, but there aren't any smaples you can listen to, unfortunately. The song names on the Talladega soundtrack are quite discriptive. but none of them seem to be from the car wreck. Maybe it's "The Ricky Bobby theme"? Here's the complete soundtrack listing, anyway: http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/catalog...p?movieid=77206

Oh, It could be "C'est Fine," because right after the car wreck, the French guy says "C'est fini. Au revoir, Ricky."

Yeah I've seen that site when I was searching. Its a shame there are no samples to listen to. I was thinking it was Girard's Theme or something.

Thank you for the replys though! If anyone knows anything else, I'd appreciate it.

I think the rare soundtrack on sale at that site is for the instrumental music composed specifically for the film only. If it's a song used in the movie, there's a list being made on Imdb by other posters. Why Imdb doesn't have its own list is a mystery.

Hope this helps! ;)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0415306/board/nest/50424080

During the end credits they play a Lucinda Williams cover of Glen Campbell's "Gentle On My Mind". Does anyone know where I can find her version? I searched iTunes and Amazon and came up empty. Thanks! :)

Does anybody know the jazz song sacha baron cohen playes in the bar scene?

Thought I would post this list. It should be helpful to those who are looking for songs from the movie:

Audioslave - Cochise
Steve Earle - Hard-core Troubadour
Buckcherry - Lit Up
Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart
Waylon Jennings - Only Daddy That'll Walk the Line
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimme Three Steps
Marie Laforet - Marie Doceur, Marie Colere (french version of "Paint it Black")
David Allan Coe - Walking Bum
Steve Earle - I Feel Alright
Steve Earle - Valentine's Day
Journey - Faithfully
Monster Magnet - Space Lord
Saliva - Click Click Boom
AC/DC - TNT
Sepultura - Desperate Cry
Sepultura - Inner Self
Pat Benetar - We Belong

some of the more obscure music credits can also be found at this website:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809233772/cast

Hope this was helpful.

I've been trying to find the name of the artis who sang "paint it black" in french...I heard the song in Talladega nights during a race scene. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

"Marie Douceur/Marie Colère (Paint it Black)" by Marie Laforêt

Can anyone give me a list of all the songs playing during the RACE SCENES only, especially the ones in the beginning of the movie? If so let me know A.S.A.P

Thanks..............BFIM

Does anyone know who covered The Rolling Stones "Paint it Black" I believe it played during the first race between Ricky Bobby and Jean Girard. It was sung by a woman and all in French. I tried watching the credits on my less than great T.V., but it was too blurry. It looked like the first name may have been Marie or Maria.

if you go to chapter 10 entitled "im on fire" The song starts after cal blows his engine

Originally posted by MasterNeo@Aug 6 2006, 02:27 PM
Hey folks!

Just wondering if there is any soundtrack listing for Talladega Nights. I've searched around and found numerous folks wondering the same thing since the soundtrack is fairly top notch.

More specifically, I'm trying to find the song that plays leading up to Ricky Bobby's first crash with the French driver (the one where he ends up saying "Yeah, I'm flyin' through the air, this can't be good)

I'm trying to remember it correctly, it was either an awesome guitar riff that played over and over or a sort of hard techno beat. Again, It played leading up to the first crash when Bobby ends up "losing it". I wish I could have remembered it more clearly. There were no lyrics to be heard and it's possible I suppose that it was an original track.

Please post if at least you have an idea of which song I am talking about.

Every other song question I see about this film either talks about Click Click Boom or the Journey song that plays in the bar. I've kinda ran out of options : \
we are thinking of the same song!

Back