Surf's Up

Second song is Get on Top by Red Hot Chili Peppers...an interesting choice to play during the trailer for a kid's movie when you consider what the original context of the lyrics is.

I'm doing everything I can to find out what the first song is, because I love it. I'll have to settle for playing the trailer in the background until I can find out what it is.

Hey does anybody know the song that was instrumental and was playing in the backround?

Thank You. :) :)

I'm also interested in what the song is that plays during the first part of the trailer. Gotta go with Glass on a guess, but I have no clue of a title or anything.

A fellow on IMDB said that he emailed Mychael Danna, the composer for the movie, and asked if it was his piece. Danna reportedly emailed him back saying that the song's from the movie's soundtrack, which would mean that we're going to have to wait until the movie hits theatres before we're all privy to the wonderful song.

Then again, this is IMDB, and this is just 'some guy', so I don't know how reliable it is. Sure does seem feasible, though.

This is a song by Mychael Danna. I don't know what is its name but you can't find it on the Surf's up OST. I emailed the administrator of mychaeldanna.com and I was told that this song will be released on a score in a month or so.

I emailed the administrator of mychaeldanna.com and this was the reply:

"thanks for your note and kind words. yes it is mychael's score, but
sadly the surf's up score is not available yet, we are hoping to have
it come out within the next month. check back on the site then, we'll
have a notice up.

best,

russ for m danna" Jul 2, 2007 1:00 PM

They still hasn't released the score, and probably never will... :( .
Nothing on the OST.

I did a long research and finally came up with this 30 seconds of very low qual. track of "Main Theme of Surf's Up":
I pm'd the guy and asked where did he get the music, waiting for the answer right now.

Anyway we should put together a sheet music by ear.
I think the first notes go like this(from the trailer here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture...aser_high.html).
D,F,A,D,F
It goes pretty fast after that.

hey, i'm the guy from IMDB who emailed mychael way back in march. from the reply i received, they made it sound like the score wasn't planned for release anytime soon. I asked about the sheet music too for piano, and got the same response. GAY.
So my goal now is to get rich and just buy the rights to the song haha.

this is an e-mail sended by Mychael Danna's music assistant in response to my e-mail:

Hi ********,

My name is ****** and I'm Mychael Danna's music assistant.

Thanks so much for your interest in Mychael's score for Surf's Up.

We have just been notified by Sony that a release of Mychael's soundtrack for Surf's Up is in the works and will be on iTunes shortly. We'll e-mail you once the tunes are up on-line.

Thanks again for your interest and have a super day.

Best regards,

this is good, not?

Back