Superbowl XL

edwaudo

Reaction score
What song was playing when the Steelers came out for SuperBowl 40

What are the two different songs that are played when the Seahawks, then the steelers come out onto the field? Thank you, the one song is sort of old and I have never heard the one when the steelers come onto the field but it sounds really good.

Originally posted by aaronkephart@Feb 5 2006, 03:15 PM
What are the two different songs that are played when the Seahawks, then the steelers come out onto the field? Thank you, the one song is sort of old and I have never heard the one when the steelers come onto the field but it sounds really good.
I've been trying to figure out the song that played during the Steelers' intro for about five years. It's also played early in the film "Any Given Sunday." I've tried IMDB.com, Amazon.com, random Googling, and the movie forum on this site, and still haven't figured it out.

Anyway, I hope my little tip about "Any Given Sunday" can help, but I don't know the name of the song. As for the Seahawks' song, it's "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve. It's my favorite song of all time.

it sounded like fatboy slim "right here, right now"

Originally posted by sickboy@Feb 5 2006, 06:20 PM
That's it. Audio sample available from Amazon.com here, track 1. Also available for download from .

Originally posted by sickboy@Feb 5 2006, 04:20 PM
Just downloaded it. It's the one! I can die in peace. Thanks!

I just want to point out that "Bittersweet Symphony" used a sample that was from a Rolling Stones song. The Stones sued them and pretty much destroyed The Verve. I suspect it was the original...

Does anybody know what the orchestral piece playing while the former Super Bowl MVP's were introduced? It sounded like a film score-type piece...

Back