Summery Upbeat Song

Reaction score
This song has been playing at my work and I know I've heard it somewhere else also, but I just haven't been able to figure out what song it is or who sings it. It's a summery, upbeat song that's chorus lyrics I believe go "It's alright...." or "It it's alright...." It's a girl singing in a fairly high voice and I feel like it was used in a The Hills promo or some other fairly popular TV show. I know that's such a vague description, but I was just hoping that maybe someone would just be amazing and instantly know what song I'm talking about :D Thanks!

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it, but that's not it. It's so frustrating because it plays just about every time I go to work and I strain my ears to try to hear it, but still am unable to find in online. I did figure out it the chorus says "It's just alright, it's just alright...." rather than what I originally thought. And I remember right before that there was I believe "I'm about to breakdown, but...it's just alright, it's just alright." Last night I picked up on some other lyrics too, but they have since managed to slip my brain, but I'll try to remember them so I can do some more searching. Thank you all for your help! : )

Ok, this is a shot in the dark but Bon Jovi sang "who said you can't go home" with 2 versions. One was just them and the other was with a female singer named Jennifer Nettles. She did it as a duet with them. One of the catchiest parts of the tune has the lyrics, "it's all right, it's all right". I don't think this is what you are looking for but I figured I'd give it a shot. Here are the rest of the lyrics:

Ive spent 20 years tryin to get out of this place
I was lookin for somethin i couldn't replace
I was runin away from the only thing I've ever known
Like a blind dog without a bone
I was a gypsy lost in the twilight zone
I hijacked a rainbow and crashed into a pot of gold

Ive been there done that and I aint lookin back on the seeds Ive sown.
saving dimes, spending too much time on the telephone....
who says you cant go home

theres only one place they call you one of their own
Just a hometown boy born a rolling stone

who says you cant go back been all around the world and as a matter of fact
theres only one place left i wanna go
its alright, its alright, its alright, its alright, its alright

i went as far as i could tryin to find a new face
There isnt one of these lines that i would erase
i left a million miles of memories on that road
every step i take i know that im not alone
You can take the home from the boy but not the boy from his home
these are my streets the only life ive ever known
Who says you can't go home

theres only one place they call you one of their own
just a hometown boy born a rolling stone
who says you can't go home

who says you cant go back been all around the world and as a matter of fact

Guitar(solo)

Dosent matter where you are
Dosent matter where you go
If its a million miles away
or just a mile up the road
take it in, take it with you when you go
who says you can't go home

who says you can't go back
been all around the world
and as a matter of fact

Who says you cant go home!

Awesome, thanks so much for your help, but that's still not it. It's okay though, I'll try to catch some more lyrics next time it plays at work, I left the lyrics pretty vague, so if I get some more I might be able to figure it out. Thanks again! : )

Thank you so much Becky, but that's not it either. I appreciate your help though. I'll keep looking. : )

Lilly Allen - "Everything's Just Wonderful" (Amazon) ????

A shot in the dark but possible since there is a clean version without the F word. Could be heard at work.

Could it be "Say... If You Feel Alright" by Crystal Waters?

Gosh, I'm so sorry but none of those are it either. Thank you all so much though, it's really sweet to help me. See why I'm so frustrated, lol, it's nearly impossible to find, but it was a song that I had heard, not a really obscure singer or song. The girl had a soothing, soft, feminine voice that was happy, I just wish I could sing it for you guys, it'd be so much easier to describe. It started off rather slow and then built up to the chorus, which was airy, happy, summery.

I'll keep my ears open at work and hopefully it'll play again and then I'll add as much as I can. This time I'll write down the lyrics rather than relying on my memory alone. Thanks again so much! : )

Say Ok by Vanessa Hudgens?

The way you describe the song sounds like that could be it, I hope it is to ease your suffering :p I know how frustrating it can be trying to figure out a song.

I FOUND IT! Thanks to my co-worker I figured out that it's Jem's "Just Alright." Yay, thank you all so much for your help though. : )

Back