Star Trek

Re: Star Trek XI

Craig Stuart Garfinkle writes in:

"The meat of the music we created starts at the 1:00 minute mark and continues until the very end. It’s not our composition, but a re-orchestration and mix of cue from “Children of the Dune,” by Brian Tyler. According to our client, the original version needed to have more impact and be adapted to the picture.

In addition to this, throughout the trailer are little snippets that we did compose such as all the string rises and the percussive sound design. The musical effects start from the very top but are really featured during the the car chase as they approach the canyon, culminating through the reveal of the policeman.

Hope you enjoy the work!

CSG"

So that should settle that....

Craig Stuart Garfinkle writes in
Tell Craig Stuart Garfinkle he's welcome to register and post here as well -- we love hearing from everyone involved. ;)

[snip]

So that should settle that....

Settles nothing.

Who did "War Begins"? Brian Tyler?

Nick Phoenix 'wrote in' and said it WAS "Down with the Enterprise" which he created.

Now Craig Stuart Garfinkle is 'writing in' to settle the matter.

'sfar as I'm concerned, NOTHING is settled.

Well at this point it is pretty obvious that it is remix of War Begins by Brian Tyler. Who created the remix? Most likely Two Steps from Hell. But who edited the music cue for the actual trailer? Possibly Mr. Garfinkle. I think they all had a hand in it.

Tell Craig Stuart Garfinkle he's welcome to register and post here as well -- we love hearing from everyone involved. ;)

Hi, this is Craig Stuart Garfinkle, of Simone and Garfinkle

I am so glad everyone has enjoyed the work! But likewise, I completely understand all the confusion. I'll try my best to clarify...

Musically, the trailer is a wonderful collaboration of different composers, re-mixers and orchestraters - and the reality is that most of us don't know what part each played outside of our own purview. Before reading this forum today, I didn't even know who created the music outside of our involvement (as previously posted). I didn't know if the other music was original or from another score, or what. All I knew about were the elements that we were directly involved in.

At the end of the day, what's important to me is that the fans are jazzed enough about the music that they even care to seek out the source, and that this collection of cues from so many different sources really works well with the trailer. So I wholeheartedly congratulate all the composers involved.

Thanks for the interest!

CSG

Hi, this is Craig Stuart Garfinkle, of Simone and Garfinkle

I am so glad everyone has enjoyed the work! But likewise, I completely understand all the confusion. I'll try my best to clarify...
[snip]
Thanks for the interest!
CSG

Hi Craig. Thanks for the clarification. This means that you, Nick and Brian have all made the impact of this trailer much more impressionable. The music is fantastic.

They're talking about a trailer for the 40th Anniversary "Remastered" edition of Star Trek The Original Series, not the Stark Trek movie trailer.

Paramount rerecorded the music, struck a new HD negative, and re-did all the special effects of the original Star Trek series for syndication. Have you seen it? It's a bit weird seeing the old effects "recreated" digitally.

They're talking about a trailer for the 40th Anniversary "Remastered" edition of Star Trek The Original Series, not the Stark Trek movie trailer.

Paramount rerecorded the music, struck a new HD negative, and re-did all the special effects of the original Star Trek series for syndication. Have you seen it? It's a bit weird seeing the old effects "recreated" digitally.

Some on the CW. The Classic TOS Episodes will abide however for this VG-Generation, the new Trekkies need to see more CGI in their Star Trek. I confess I kind of like to see the digital enhancements to my old familiar Star Trek favorites.

Apparently "Final Fight" by Robert Duncan was also used in a Star Trek remastered trailer.

there is some really good background music in the latest trailer for Star Trek; the music starts 42 seconds into the trailer and goes through out. If anyone knows where I can find the music please let me know.

God bless,
Clint

Re: star trek final trailer

the music is by two steps from hell

www.twostepsfromhell.com

the track is entitled "freedom fighters"

it is production music and is not available to purchase.

Do you know from which album?

The Two Steps From Hell" album "Legend" CD1

??

Are you sure it's on Legened? I asked a few guys around and nobody knows nothing about the track on Legened album!

yes its on legend, Freedom Fighters (No Choir)

No it's NOT Two Steps from Hell... if you actually click on the trailer linked, you'll see it's a new trailer with totally new music, not the piece used in the previous trailer discussed in the thread.

Does anyone know what it is? I suspect it might be a piece of Giacchino's score from the movie.

^ idk, that doesn't sound like Giacchino's style. It was very media ventures/rc-ish.

UPDATE: It does seems to be from Two Steps From Hell. They posted the trailer on their Facebook page. "The music used is a modified version of the 'Freedom Fighters' track on TSFH’s 'Legend' album."

Back