Song from Best Buy Ad with Puppet

The vocals in that tune sound like the Partridge Family.

It's not the Cowsills song. It was written by Minneapolis musician Tom Lescher and performed with his group Echo Boys, who do a lot of music for commercials. (Thanks to Jim Bessman at Billboard Magazine -"Words & Music" June 26th issue - for that info.)

It sounds more like "I Love The Flowergirl" by The Cowsills.

Actually "The Rain, the Park, and Other Things" is often mistakenly called "I Love The Flowergirl" the same way "Baba O'Reilly" gets called "Teenage Wasteland" and "White Rabbit" gets called "Go Ask Alice." ;)

And the ad sounds WAAAY to much like the cowsills song for anybody to be claiming to have written something new. :rolleyes:

Oh, okay. Thanks, Fitz! I didn't realize that.
You learn something new everyday.

I love White Rabbit! Awesome song.

Does anyone know the name of that song in the Best Buy commercial for wireless internet?? there is a puppet in the commercial and the song lyrics are something like:
"I'm free, I'm free, not just a puppet on a string, no ties or anything"

Hello!

Any idea whether that Best Buy commercial where the dummy imagines what it'd be like to be "wireless" features an original song or something older? It's the one with the lyrics along the lines of "I'm free, I'm free, not a puppet on a string no ties to anything." It sounds very Cowsills/Partridge Family but I haven't been able to verify it as such or anything else!

TIA,
Kimota!

Does anyone know the name of the song on the best buy commercial, where the puppet dreams of being wireless, and the song plays, "Im Free, Im Free"-
Thanks a lot :D :D :D :D :D

thanx, but it never really says the real song name to the song, but i appreciate your help :D

Back