Simon and Garfunkel -esque song

rjay8604

Advanced Member
Reaction score
I heard a song on a classic rock station today. It sounded like it was definitely Simon and Garfunkel, but i have looked and it doesn't seem to be them.

It had a lot of piano accompaniment. The main chorus was actually the piano playing, and the verses were vocals and acoustic guitar. And it sounded like the chorus consisted of just 2 piano chords. It had the same "mood" as "the boxer" by simon and garfunkel.

I also remember further into the song, the piano became more elaborate, but still played the same scale/chords.

Might actually be simon and garfunkel. It did sound like it was an old tune. Probably not from the last 15 years. Might be though.

I emailed the radio station, their response was: "Guys??????????"

Can you not recall any lyrics? Perhaps it was someone along the line of Dan Fogelberg?

i'm not really that big into simon and garfunkle, but i believe most of their tunes are accompanied by guitars. just picturing the dudes now sitting on stools, both of them strumming a guitar and harmonizing like a couple angles.. awww...
anywayz..
their tune that comes to mind that had mostly piano is Like A Bridge Over Troubled Waters.

I can now say its similar also to Crosby Stills and Nash, and Jackson Browne. Its a similar musical style. It could be any of those or someone else but I haven't had any luck yet with thouse artists.

Back