Showtime series promos

Hi there Dee. Thanks for the info. What is your position with Showtime? What is your business email address with Showtime? What is the name of the studio used for recording the song and what is the name of the performing artist? Thank you.

Hi Dee,
Very interesting
I wonder why Showtime would all of a sudden use an original song when they've usually used existing songs to promote their series.
Also, why did you not post this on the showtime site.

Wait...

Are we talking about the promo song with the following lyrics?

"And i'm gonna drive you wild..."

"Just sit back and watch me work."

"I'll give you something to remember."

The singer is female.

All,

I was referring to the spot that has the song that goes "hold my hand, there's a world for us to see..." etc. We created the song in our studios. Not sure the name of the artist. By creating our own song we save money on music licensing fees.

I didn't post this on the SHO.com forum because this is not a SHO.com discussion. I myself was looking for the artist and tittle of the song and stumbled upon this forum. Then, I checked with my studio rep. and she gave me the 411.

My title is Online Marketing Coordinator. My work email is private.

FYI, if your like the theme song to Weeds, "Little Boxes," check out sho.com/homegrown we are currently holding a contest for the best cover of the song.

Take care,

Dee

Originally posted by deeshowtime@Aug 27 2007, 11:39 AM
Hi All,

I work at SHOWTIME. And I know why you haven't been able to find this song's artist. You see, we composed/produced this song ourselves. It is loosely based off of the Plain White T's song "Let Me Take You There."

I hope this puts an end to your search.

Remember- The BEST SHOWS (and now SONGS) are now on SHOWTIME. :)

Dee
Yes, they are very similar. -Thanks man

Any chance Showtime plans to release the song for retail purchase?

Dee,

Maybe someone at Showtime can post a copy of the song for us to enjoy. OR better yet, put it up on iTunes. I'd pay .99 for it.

Thanks

I just heard the promo and it is clearly Rhett Miller, lead singer for the Old 97s and a solo artist too. www.rhettmiller.com

Blew me away to hear it out of nowhere!

I am looking for two songs the first is the one that i think you are looking for here are the words...
(voice speaking)
I want to give you something
something that you will always remember
(end voice)
I got so much style
I'm gonna drive you wild
Come check me out
I'm very versatile
no no no
Come and feel me
Come and taste me
Come and feel me
Come and taste me
I need you
Don't you need me
I'll give you something to remember
And I'm gonna drive you wild
And you know you're gonna like it
And I'm gonna blow your mind
Just sit back and watch me work it
And I'm gonna drive you wild
And you know you're gonna like it
And I'm gonna blow your mind
Just sit back and watch me work it

The other is something like this...
Ive always felt like nothing mattered, and now that it wont I wish it did. It's over.
im sorry. When I think of what might have been
ive been such an asshole, Ive been such a prick, I thought with my wildin ( not sure) and married my dick
My life's almost over
Im deep with regret
Does anyone know the title or artist?
If anyone can tell me how to get these songs even if it is showtime2 made. I will buy them.. You can reach me at harris.tr(at)earthlink.net or I am Vegasgirl on this site.

I also am trying to find the artist title of the song that plays on showtime. I mostly see it when I watch the big brother live feeds late at night.

The song that goes:

and im gonna drive you wild ill give you something to remember.

WHERE IS IT !!!!! WHO SINGS IT!!!!! I WANT IT !!!!!!

The second song is by a band called Centralia - the song is called Holy S**t and iTunes has it.

I would love to know the first one though. I can't find that anywhere.

"Come and run away with me
There's a world for us to see
Take my hand and I'll show you
Take my hand
Come away with me
There are places we can find"

So that song is purely just a promo? I'd pay .99 for it too.

come on!!?? - still nothing?? So we're supposed ot beleive Showtime gets this grup to perform a song - loosly based on Plain white T's 'let me take you there" - -then teh artists and show time haev no desire to make any money or publicity off the song by publishing it?

really? really? come on.

its out there. somewhere. Kepe looking guys.

This was previously answered as being created in-house by Showtime in the existing thread that you already posted in. Have you tried contacting Showtime if you are looking for the name of the singer they used?
I work at SHOWTIME. And I know why you haven't been able to find this song's artist. You see, we composed/produced this song ourselves. It is loosely based off of the Plain White T's song "Let Me Take You There."

I don't know if anyone was looking for this one but its from the most recent I beleive.

Hope this helped someone.

Actually not this one but similar.

It is a bunch of TV series' I believe it starts with Californication and Dexter (Weeds is in it, no Tudors). I'm interested in the first 2 songs.

I couldn't find it online but it's playing constantly on showtime.

Anyone?

Anybody knows the song name of one of the promos on Showtime with the lyrics "I wanna see everything"

Does anyone know the name of the song that I think is used for "The Big C" promo commercials. The lyrics go something like, "I see life in technicolor"?

TIA for any help!

Omgosh. Never mind my question above. Right after I posted the question I found the song. It is Technicolor by Tim Myers:

Back