Shalom in the Home

stjohnwayne

Reaction score
This one's a long shot. Did anyone see "shalom in the home" tonight, May 13? Or maybe they use this song on all the episodes. It's sort of an electronic song, with piano entering in partway... like I said, a real long shot, but if anyone knows, I'd be really appreciative and really impressed.

I know what you're talking about, and I too want to know what it is.

I understand the show uses a LOT of different little snippets of music. My guess is that the music is all made specifically for the show - which bothers me, because the song I'm thinking of (hope it's the same one you're thinking of) is just fantastic, and really moving.

I wrote to the media questions email link on the Rabbi's website but haven't gotten a reply. I suppose I should write TLC too. I'll do that and let everyone know.

But don't get your hopes up.

I just posted about a song from both Shalom In The Home, and Man Bites Dog. The song you're asking about sounds like what I was asking about.

I have a sample for the song I was asking about - perhaps it's the same song you're asking for!

Song in Shalom In The Home and Man Bites Dog

The clock on the player ticks backwards, so the song is at the 01:54 mark and plays down to the 00:47 mark.

Could it be the same one?

Yeah, that is the song. Any clue who/what it is?

Maybe some kind soul out there will check the link out and know the song...

Here is a long shot answer to your long shot question...

While I have no real idea who may have done that song, I can say two things...

1) Comedy Central is owned by Viacom, and it seems TLC, depending on where you look is either owned by a company called Liberty Media Corperation or by AT&T. Either way, these are two seperate companies, which means the song used could not have been specifically made for either TV show. It has to be a real recording.

2) With that in mind, I know of a guy calling himself The Album Leaf which has a lot of music that sounds similar to the music heard in Shalom In The Home, and Man Bites Dog. I've not had a chance to listen to every song by The Album Leaf. But the loooong, long shot here, is that perhaps it's a track by him?

I just did a random search on YouTube for any song samples. I found one track called Red-Eye that sounds pretty close, kinda. Sorta... eh, I dunno. And I have no connection to the guy who made this video. It's just a sample I found:

Album Leaf - 'Red Eye' music video

I too, really hope that someone will check out the Man Bites Dog clip and help some desperate people out!

Yeah, I really hope somebody out there knows this one.

It's a great, highly addictive song, but how the heck can we find the artist? That "The album leaf" guy sounds similar, but who knows. I sent an email to comedy central, but I may or may not get a response.

The song can't be by the Album Leaf, sorry.

I think I have all the albums now, and the mystery song isn't on any of them. And after longer listens, I can hear that the mystery song isn't exactly the style of The Album Leaf.

And also... The Album Leaf is in fact a band, not just one man. Woops!

Could this be Moby? BT?

...I'm still looking.

Back