Saturday Night Live

ok i was watching an old snl skit w/ chris farley and him and this muscular guy are dancing for a job as a chip and dale dancers

the music in the background is definetly 80's music. The lyrics go like "Everyone's watch to see what you can do, Everyone's watching....

Those lyrics sound like Loverboy - Working for the Weekend

Originally posted by Jenny@Feb 24 2006, 01:25 PM
Those lyrics sound like Loverboy - Working for the Weekend
Yep, I just watched a clip. That's exactly what it is.

oh my god, I think I still have that on vinyl.... with the red leather clad booty on the cover :lol:

does anyone know the song at the end of the "joplin: alive podcast" sketch ?

pretty much a stretch unless someone saw the episode because i have no idea on words it was really hard to hear... the beat sounded kind of cool though

so hopefully someone else saw it and knows...

thanks in advance

I saw it, but I wasn't aware that there was music playing at the end. Was it the one where the guy was there talking with a french accent?

yeah that's the sketch...

for the sake of their "podcast" they starting playing music which let them know to cut the show and end it...

thats the song i wanna know

I'm trying to figure out what that song is right now too...

I know it though...I have it on cd I know...Wilco maybe? I gatta run through my collection and find out...I'll let you know if I get it.

Sorry to be no help right now.

greg

It is indeed Wilco!

The song is "I'm Always In Love", and its off the album Summerteeth.

I knew I knew it!

greg

what song is played right before Natalie Portman dances with Andy at Sheldon's Bar Mitzvah. They call it "their song". it goes, "follow me and everything is alright. I'll be the one to tuck you in at night..."

on the episode of Saturday Night Live with Jack Black and Niel Young at the beginning Jack Black sings a song about King Kong now i know he made it up but does anyone know where i could find it?

There are five songs in the sketch
1. ? (the theme... I don't really care to know what this one is)
2. 23 Minutes In Brussels - Luna... cool song, but I know it so I don't need help
3. ? -- start's playing when Ben Stiller says "The H is O"
4. Hotel California - not really, maybe the SNL band?
5. Cyanide Breath Mint - Beck

I really want to know what this third song is... the lyrics are too muffled for a google search. They may contain these fragments:

(Boxes/Box is) on the porch
Taxi's sitting waiting (?)
Boxes covering every (little/inch)
(this first verse says "box" or "boxes" a LOT)
(under/over) the table (?)
Next Door

this has been bugging me for years and I was watching an old SNL tape the other day and I thought maybe lyric pages had become so large and common place over the past 5 years that I might get the results I wanted... no good... I hope someone here can help...

Anyone who caught The Shins on SNL on January 13 know the name of the 2nd song they played on the show? I can't recall lyrics or much about the song other than I liked it. TIA

Back