Ralph Lauren "Polo Black" at Macys

february4ever22

Reaction score
I have looked all over the internet for info. In the commercial there is a man wearing black gloves & driving- then there is a woman he is on a bed with. When the song first starts it sounds alot like Mary J Blidge but towards the end I'm not so sure anymore. I hope someone can confirm for me. Thanks ;-0

There is this Ralph Lauren ad, it's in black and white with this man driving I think, I'm not sure I usually only run in to see it when it's about to finish. Anyway the woman in the song starts to sing "Darling I love you....". The ad ends with the announcer saying it's on sale at Macy's. Any idea who sings it?

I believe it's "Anyone Who Had A Heart" by Burt Bacharach, but I do not know the (female) singer performing the song.

I don't think it's the Dionne Warwick version.

?? :huh: ??

dusty springfield :eek:
cilla black :blink:
olivia newton john...no :p
dionne warwick...no :p

I saw the commercial and loved this cover of "Anyone Who Had A Heart," so I had to figure this one out.

Like debsunn, I eliminated Dusty Springfield (nice cover though), Cilla Black (great singer) and Dionne Warwick.

So, I emailed the people at Ralph Lauren and they responded very quickly.

They said it was Sandra Booker.

She released a CD, "Very Early," in 1994, but it does not have "Anyone ..." on it.

"Very Early" - Sandra Booker - Amazon

Hope this helps!

Back