Popular movie trailer songs

I'd definitely have to go with the theme to "Dragon: The Bruce Lee story". I forget who the composer is, but if you hear the music, you'll realize that you've been hearing it for years. It's a great score.

DT

Originally posted by dj_trancient@Aug 1 2004, 01:50 PM
I'd definitely have to go with the theme to "Dragon: The Bruce Lee story". I forget who the composer is, but if you hear the music, you'll realize that you've been hearing it for years. It's a great score.

DT
Randy Edelman has created 2 of the most overused cues in trailers. As Unicron100 has already mentioned, his theme for Dragonheart, The World of the Heart has been used everywhere, and not just in movie trailers.

However, I'm with dj_trancient, I've personally heard The Dragon's Heartbeat from 'Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story' a few more times, so that gets my vote.

Though it is one of my favorite songs of ALL time I have to say it is becoming overused....the Who's "Baba O'Riley" (sp?) ....i think it all started with American Beauty then in no particular order:

The Girl Next Door
HP commercials

I know there are more I just can't remember them.

Dragon's Heatbeat has to be number one, but a close second(at least for action films) was a bit of music from the movie "Black Rain". Sorry I can't recall the exact song/track title.

Sorry to revive a dead topic, but I'd have to say "Main Theme" from Mouse Hunt has become quite popular in mysteriously playful/curious movies such as Son of the Mask and Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, among others.

My favorite song is Into the Mystic but it's also overused.
Dream a Little Dream
American Wedding
Patch Adams

hey, im sure this has been asked before but i didnt get any results in the search. Does anyone have a link to the thread with the most common background trailer songs?

or care to list your favorites

I have heard 'Shawshank Redemption' 3 times this year. The 'Stargate' theme still gets used alot.

The Randy Edelman score for 'Bruce Lee: Dragon Story' used to get used alot.

Randy's score for 'Dragonheart' aswell got used heeps. That score is one of my alltime favs

Back