Pontiac GXP

mercuryHG

Reaction score
Anyone know the song in the Pontiac GXP commercials that debuted recently (possibly yesterday during the college football games on ESPN and ABC)? The commercial is cars driving through a black and white cityscape, and drops of liquid turn them into Pontiacs. I don't think there were any audible lyrics, but it was a indie rock/synth pop beat. There's nothing as of right now on the Pontiac website, and I can't find the commercial anywhere online. Much appreciated if anyone knows it.

I really want to know this song/band too. I Want More definitely isn't it though.

"it was a indie rock/synth pop beat."

Originally posted by TheBSC@Sep 2 2007, 03:33 PM
The song on the new Pontiac commercial is called "I Want More" by The Black Summer Crush. It's up on the myspace page if you want to check it out.

www.myspace.com/theblacksummercrush

Thanks!!
Must have been another Pontiac commercial. Do you know the model.

BTW, I like "I Want More" very much.

But...

I like "Memphis Sun" a whole lot more. :D I tried to add it to my mySpace page as my profile song but the add link under the song is grayed out. :(

B)

I believe the commercial features the solstice, various forms of the g6, and maybe one other pontiac vehicle. Can't remember exactly. It is in all black and white and appears to be in a cell animation style similar to "Sin City" or "A Scanner Darkly"

If you turn to espn right now (SMU vs. Texas Tech) you'll probably see it during the commercial breaks. They've played it a couple of times so far.

I believe the commercial features the solstice, various forms of the g6, and maybe one other pontiac vehicle. Can't remember exactly. It is in all black and white and appears to be in a cell animation style similar to "Sin City" or "A Scanner Darkly"

Very good description.

I noticed this commercial as well on 9/1 and did some intial google searches for it. Very cool song, but it's definitely not The Black Summer.

Pontiac has some Mute Math songs on their website. I quickly listened to the few they had up and didn't recognize them, but is it possible it was by them? Just a thought...

Checked out Mute Math and sadly... not them either. maybe once this commercial pops up on youtube it'll be easier to figure out.

Thanks though

I saw it again on ESPN, it's definitely not the song from Black Summer Crush.

Does anyone remember the one lyric that's spoken? It's not enough to google but its a start.

I think I remember some lyrics like "...it's in the air..." or something like that, but that's about it. I know there's more than that. The vocals are just difficult to hear.

I think I remember some lyrics like "...it's in the air..." or something like that, but that's about it. I know there's more than that. The vocals are just difficult to hear.

Funny, that's exactly all I remember hearing as well... though I thought it was "there's something in the air."

Oh well, I hope we figure this one out soon. I really liked that song.

hi there, i think that the name of the song is "pogo" by digitalism. it's a cool song! i can sleep at night now...

hi there, i think that the name of the song is "pogo" by digitalism. it's a cool song! i can sleep at night now...

Thank you sfspearman!

It is most definitely the song "Pogo" by Digitalism. More specifically, it's the Shinichi Osawa Remix.

Resolution. Happiness. Thanks.

Aired during Texas vs. Oklahoma game. It was for the Pontiac G6 Street Edition. The commercial is set against a black and white animated cityscape background.

Yeah its this one right?

commercial

The spots feature the music track "Pogo" from EMI/Virgin recording artists Digitalism

The name of the song is Pogo, it is by Digitalism BUT it is the Shinichi Osawa Remix!!!! You'll see it on iTunes.............

The name of the song is Pogo, it is by Digitalism BUT it is the Shinichi Osawa Remix!!!! You'll see it on iTunes.............

Back