PBS Ken Burns The War

vze33cbt

Reaction score
sort of instrumental/acoustic...I know I've heard this is elsewhere fairly recently

One of the songs is from Band of Brothers I believe. I know they other one sounds familiar too but I'm not sure which other war movie it's from...

So... it's a current pop artist and the song is instrumental/acoustic.... ;)

The soundtrack is available. Here's a description and a listing of the tracks: The War tells the story of a worldwide cataclysm on an intimate scale. Ken Burns and Sony-BMG have released the soundtrack to this film on Legacy Recordings. Not just a era recordings, the soundtrack features new compositions from Wynton Marsalis, as well as a stunning Norah Jones recording of "American Anthem" that are exclusive to this release. Tracks: 1. American Anthem - Norah Jones 2. Two Pieces for Strings - William Walton 3. The Wang Wang Blues - Benny Goodman 4. Movin' Back Take 52 - Wynton Marsalis 5. How Long Blues - Count Basie 6. In the Nick of Time - Edgar Meyer 7. It's Been a Long Time - Bing Crosby 8. America, My Home - Wynton Marsalis 9. If I Could Be With You - Nat 'King' Cole 10. Blue as the Turquoise Night - Yo-Yo Ma 11. Until I'm in Your Arms Again - Wynton Marsalis 12. Variations for the Healing of Aninushka - Arvo Pärt 13. Basie Boogie - Count Basie 14. Concerto for Clarinet - Aaron Copland 15. If You Can't Smile - Nat 'King' Cole 16. American Anthem - Amanda Forsythe/Bill

Is it one of these?

it's not from the soundtrack, and definitely from a vocal pop group...I think the clip itself is only in the PBS commercial (and there are different versions of the commercial that I have heard over the past few days...also, I think the commercials are differenent from one PBS station to another (in NYC I have heard the song clip only on WNET and not on WLIW...)

Eureka!

U2: How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, "City of Blinding Lights" (Interscope, 2004)

I was wondering about the music used in extremely short trailer on movies.com.

Heres a link http://movies.go.com/trailer?cid=886700&vid=886701
There isn't an actual trailer for it but rather the short clip is an ad for the film. Click on a few movie trailers at that link until you get the ad to start to play. If anyone knows the music that is being played please tell me. To make sure were on the page it sounds a big like a woman opera singer and then some orchestra music.

thanks

The only one I heard was Placebo - Running Up That Hill.. anyone else?? :unsure:

That was Placebo. Whiny vocals...on all of their songs...

Originally posted by sketchyrx@Sep 2 2007, 03:44 PM
That was Placebo. Whiny vocals...on all of their songs...
are you talking about the link that i posted above or a different trailer because what i heard was not the song you're talking about lol

i really wanna know what this song is lol, its definetly a composition that you would find in war movies, nothing else.

Originally posted by sketchyrx@Sep 2 2007, 07:09 PM
http://movies.go.com/spotlight?name=war

I clicked on the one on the right "roll over for trailer"..that is Placebo and maybe a duet with Kate Bush...???
no no no, lol, go watch a trailer for something else, like what i was doing was watchin a good luck chuck trailer and when you do that there comes up with a list of trailers to watch. either let that trailer ur watching run through or try just clicking other trailers randomly and then soon enough "the war" will come up as an advertisement that you have to watch, you can't just skip it. try that, i really appreciate the help btw

ok wow triple post i'm bad sry... but you have to click the trailer labeled "In extraordinary times" not the one lableled "if only" which is the one that plays first by default (the "if only" one has the placebo song in it)

thanks again!

Hi! Here in downstate Illinois, WILL-PBS is playing a song in a trailer for The War and I just can't place it. It's haunting.
It's slow - piano only and one voice, a male's. The lyrics they play are:
"And If I could
make a deal with God,
I'd ask him to change
our places...."

Any ideas on the song's title and artist? I can't find anything similar after searching the soundtrack, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help that comes this way!
1Draoi

Back